At Montalto, we want to offer you an experience to remember, a moment out of the ordinary. We want to take you beyond the Cellar Door, to share our story with you and connect you to the source of what we do, here in the beautiful region of the Mornington Peninsula.
Our Mornington Peninsula Discovery Tasting and Lunch does just that. You're guided through an entertaining and educational tasting in a breathtaking setting. Taste current and back vintage wines whilst overlooking the vines and kitchen gardens, followed by a leisurely shared lunch that is drawn from the estate's produce gardens.
The unique setting of the Montalto Estate on the Mornington Peninsula truly makes this experience unique for food and wine lovers.
About This Deal
The cool, maritime climate of the Mornington Peninsula creates the ideal growing environment for the early ripening varieties Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Gris. Our Discovery Tasting offers beginners and seasoned wine lovers alike a unique insight into the roles played by variety, site, and winemaking in producing these world-class cool-climate wines.
Set in our breathtaking Alto wine room or Piazza, with panoramic views overlooking our Red Hill vineyards, we will guide you through a seated educational and entertaining tasting of wine from our current releases and back vintages, as well as limited bottlings not available away from the estate. Following your tasting, take a seat in the beautiful Piazza, where the seasonal menu is drawn from our produce gardens. Enjoy a casual, shared lunch with a glass of Montalto wine. After lunch, take your time to explore the contemporary sculpture collection set amongst natural wetlands, the produce gardens and vineyards of the estate, home to the famous Montalto Sculpture Prize, among the most valuable private sculpture prizes in Australia.
Our Mornington Peninsula Discovery Tasting is the perfect gift experience for food & wine lovers.
• Ciabatta, olive oil
• Estate olives
• Chicken wings, chilli, black vinegar
• Burrata, cherry tomato, basil
• Beetroot, freekah, Main Ridge feta, pistachio
• Portobello mushroom, taleggio, rosemary, garlic pizza
• Braised lamb, shoulder, mint labneh , saltbush
• Garden greens, honey, mustard & poppyseed dressing
• Zucchini, pine nuts, currants, preserved lemon
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- tutored wine tasting
- shared lunch
- glass of wine
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional wine/beverages (may be purchased)
33 Shoreham Rd, Shoreham VIC 3916, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Montalto Vineyard & Olive Grove in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.