Hang out with the stars in Broken Hill as you take a 60 minute virtual cruise across the outback sky. The sky is so big and clear, you will view with naked eyes and binoculars. Hear your sky guide describe the view with fun facts. Link the sky to key human discoveries. You will be in a reclined chair as you virtually cruise to celestial icons during a memorable evening with the stars. No prior knowledge of astronomy is required. All equipment supplied, plus cookie and hot chocolate, a photo of your experience and a 10% discount voucher to apply against a return visit or merchandise.
What You'll Get
Outback Astronomy believes every human being should see the clear night sky and the Milky Way Galaxy. When you attend your sky show, the view of the night sky is explained. Broken Hill is a small city with lovely dark skies in outback NSW. There is no light pollution and stars are clear and bright. The nearest city is 300 kilometres away. Your sky guide targets the narration at the night sky novice.
You should aim to arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of your sky show. This allows time for a pre-sky show briefing and safety check. A weather update, reminders about arrival time and other details are texted to you during the day of your sky show, usually after lunch. An additional text message is sent with directions on how to drive to the Outback Astronomy venue, ensuring you can find the location easily after dark. Guests may also enquire about the Outback Astronomy transport service, for an additional cost per person. The Naked Eye and Binocular Premium sky show includes:
• your sky guide's real time commentary
• all optical equipment
• reclined chairs and sleeping bags in cold weather
• audio system and ear phones to hear the commentary
• hot chocolate and cookie
• sky show notes and a sky map
• 10% discount off a return visit or merchandise, and
• a digital image of your visit supplied via email.After your sky show, engage one on one with your sky guide and other guests about your gazing experience!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 5 years and under (they may attend if paid for however in the event they create a noisy or distracting atmosphere, they and their supervising adults will be required to leave the sky dome viewing area if instructed to do so by the sky guide
- Dress code is governed by the temperature. In January, February and March we recommend you wear loose fitting long sleeves and trousers and closed in shoes and socks. Always bring a coat. In April through to December, be prepared to wear 4 layers. In June, July and August, be prepared to wear 6 layers. It can be very cold. Sleeping bags or blankets are available during cold nights, as well as limited sets of beanies and gloves for persons caught unprepared.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking eg we can supply gluten free cookies and make the hot chocolate with soy milk.
- Minimum numbers may apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough attendees to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Maximum number for this tour is 45 persons with personal audio
- A small amount of walking is involved - to walk about 70m to the sky show viewing area
- Wheelchair accessible - though the venue includes an old building with three front steps there are alternative entry points; the site is otherwise flat without obstacles; if assistance is required, please advise Outback Astronomy
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Driving time to the Outback Astronomy venue is less than 15 minutes from most parts of Broken Hill
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- The Naked Eye and Binocular Premium sky show includes:
- your sky guide's real time commentary
- all optical equipment
- reclined chairs and sleeping bags in cold weather
- audio system and ear phones to hear the commentary
- hot chocolate and cookie
- sky show notes and a sky map
- 10% discount off a return visit or merchandise, and
- a digital image of your visit supplied via email
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Outback Astronomy in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.