Hang out with the stars in Broken Hill as you take a 60 minute virtual cruise across the outback sky. The sky is so big and clear, you will view with naked eyes, binoculars and telescope, depending on the objects above. Hear your sky guide describe the view. Connect with how humans learned about the night sky. There will be many fun facts and references to key discoveries. You may recline in a comfortable camping lounge or sit upright as you virtually cruise to celestial icons during this memorable evening with the stars. No prior knowledge of astronomy is required. All equipment is supplied, plus snack and beverage options and a photograph of your experience (emailed to you after your attendance).
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Outback Astronomy, 18817 Barrier Highway, Broken Hill, New South Wales 2880 Australia
Outback Astronomy offers tours of the night sky. A knowledgeable sky guide explains the view. Guests are in reclined or upright chairs. All optical equipment (binoculars, telescopes) is supplied by Outback Astronomy. Food and beverage service offered in some products.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 5 years and under (they may attend if paid for however in the event they create a noisy or distracting atmosphere, they and their supervising adults will be required to leave the sky dome viewing area if instructed to do so by the sky guide
- Dress code is governed by the temperature. In January, February and March we recommend you wear loose fitting long sleeves and trousers and closed in shoes and socks. Always bring a coat. In April through to December, be prepared to wear 4 layers. In June, July and August, be prepared to wear 6 layers. It can be very cold. Sleeping bags or blankets are available during cold nights, as well as limited sets of beanies and gloves for persons caught unprepared.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking eg we can supply gluten free cookies and make the hot chocolate with soy milk.
- Minimum numbers may apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough attendees to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Maximum number for this tour is 45 persons with personal audio
- A small amount of walking is involved - to walk about 70m to the sky show viewing area
- Wheelchair accessible - though the venue includes an old building with three front steps there are alternative entry points; the site is otherwise flat without obstacles; if assistance is required, please advise Outback Astronomy
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Driving time to the Outback Astronomy venue is less than 15 minutes from most parts of Broken Hill
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- The sky show includes:
- your sky guide's real time commentary
- snack and beverage option
- Entry/Admission - Outback Astronomy
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Outback Astronomy in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.