If you are wanting to escape the city and get back to nature this trail run is just what you need. Mt Cootha is located just 6km west of Brisbane’s CBD and is loaded with scenic trails and views that stretch for miles. You will soon see why this location is a favourite amongst local runners and walkers alike.
Starting and finishing from Simpson Falls Picnic Area this short course option is around 10km. Total elevation is 225m and is pretty much all on well maintained gravel path trails. There is a few stairs along the way and a couple of small bridge crossings.
One of the best things on this run is when we do a small detour off the track to head up to the Mt Cootha Summit lookout. From here you will be able to see the skyline of Brisbane and all the way out Moreton Bay. It is one the best vantage points to see all of Brisbane. And if we have time and the group opts for it there is a café at the top for a quick coffee break or ice-cream before we start our descent back down.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Coot-tha Lookout, 1012 Sir Samuel Griffith Drive Brisbane Lookout, Mt Coot-Tha, Brisbane, Queensland 4066 Australia
One of the best vantage points to city skyline of Brisbane. We will run up to the Lookout where you will have opportunities to take some great photos. If time prevails you can grab and ice-cream or coffee before we head back down the trails.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Run Tour Guide
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Run It Running Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.