Spirits of the Red Sand is a first-of-its-kind Aboriginal live theatre show and dinner experience delivered as a 'roving' theatre show set within an 18th Century Australian town, ensuring history comes to life before your eyes - you're immersed in it.
Unique as it combines Aboriginal culture and Australian history in an historical re-enactment based upon the British and Aboriginal meeting for the very first time and the clash of cultures that follows.
Aboriginal cultural encounters are authentically and meaningfully included and you'll leave with a deep sense of Dreamtime (creation beliefs); participate in a smoking ceremony (to cleanse evil spirits), witness a Corroboree (dance and story-sharing), and taste the unique bush tucker flavours infused in our buffet dinner and dessert.
And probably a highlight for most guests is the chance to connect with our Aboriginal cast and hosts.
For anyone who wants to connect with the world's oldest living culture and share our stories.
About This Deal
Visit: Beenleigh Historical Village & Museum, 205 Main St, Beenleigh, Queensland 4207 Australia
Spirits of the Red Sand is located within the Beenleigh Historical Village - a turn of the century replica Australian town complete with blacksmith, lolly shop, school, post-office and more. This village is used as the scene for our 'roving' historical re-enactment.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Hotel pickups in Gold Coast & Brisbane commence between 4:55pm - 5:15pm
- Dietary requirements can be catered for, please advise at time of booking to ensure your choice is available
- Operates in all weather conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Most of the experience is outdoors, within open-air undercover buildings, so there's plenty of space for social distancing
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 110 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- * Tables and chairs are sanitised after every use * Frequently touched surfaces are frequently sanitised * Electronic payments only (Tap and Go) * Workplace amenities cleaned and disinfected frequently * Theatre chairs are placed apart to allow for social distancing
- Dinner - Tasting skewer to start: Kangaroo, crocodile & emu, hot damper bread. Main buffet: Char-grilled meats, salads, vegetables, baked potatoes. Dessert: Pavlova, tropical fresh fruit & lemon-myrtle cream
- Coffee and/or Tea - Coffee, tea and lemon-myrtle tea, hot chocolate and water
- Live theatre show
- Entry/Admission - Beenleigh Historical Village & Museum
- Alcoholic Beverages - Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks can be purchased from fully licensed bar
- Souvenirs available from the gift gallery
Beenleigh Historical Village & Museum, 205 Main St, Beenleigh, Queensland 4207 Australia
2 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Spirits of the Red Sand in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.