Connect with the world of the Aboriginal culture through this 3.5-hour live theatre show and dinner experience in Beenleigh, between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Learn about the dramatic story of Jarrah and his brothers brought to life via a cast of direct descendants of the very story you'll be walking through. Experience powerful cultural performances as they move through each set and witness how two cultures come together to form a nation. After the show, mix and mingle with the cast over a hearty Australian-style char-grilled buffet dinner.
What You'll Get
Visit: Brisbane Arts Theatre, 210 Petrie Tce, Brisbane, Queensland 4000 Australia
Spirits of the Red Sand Village is located halfway between Brisbane and Gold Coast and about 40 minutes from each city.
You'll journey into the Australia of the 1800s, moving from set to set in this live theatre experience. Find yourself in a church, walk through the streets of an authentic 19th Century Australian village to enter the largest ever Pre-European Aboriginal village. Sitting around the crackling open fires you'll meet Jarrah and his brothers and witness first-hand the struggle as two cultures come together. Engaging all your senses you'll interact with the story as told through the eyes of the storyteller. Between each set is a powerful cultural performance.
At the finale, you'll start to smell the hearty char-grilled buffet dinner as piping hot damper bread awaits you. Choose from beef, lamb, chicken or fish (or sample them all) cooked to perfection on the char-grill, served with baked potatoes, seasonal salads or winter vegetables, and for dessert - a tropical fruit salad and Lemon Myrtle pavlova, Tea, coffee, and water are available, along with a licensed bar. During dinner, a highlight will be to mix and mingle with the cast of the show, learn about their life now and how they came to be involved.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Hotel pickups in Gold Coast & Brisbane commence between 4:55pm - 5:15pm
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten or lactose-free option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 110 travelers
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (if option selected)
- Char-grilled Buffet Dinner and Dessert
- Tea, coffee and water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Brisbane Arts Theatre
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenirs (available for purchase)
2 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Spirits of the Red Sand in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.