The opportunity to swim with a humpback whale is a rare and very special one – something that people who have experienced it have described as “life changing”.
What You'll Get
Our tours are exclusive affairs with only 20 guests aboard each trip and we supply all the gear you need for the day (wetsuit and snorkelling gear) as well as light snacks onboard for just $165 per person. Just bring your swimmers, towel and a change of clothes and you are all set.
Each Swim with Whales Experience runs for approximately 3-4 hours and your time spent in the water depends on a few factors. We first need to find whales. Some days this happens in the first 20 minutes out of the river and on others it can be an hour or more before we find a pod. Once found, we will then follow the pod at a safe distance, tracking the whales’ movements and surface behaviour and allowing them to get used to the engine noise of the boat. If they are spending most of their time on the surface and are displaying other appropriate behaviours, the boat will be put into neutral 100m or more away from the whales, and if conditions are determined safe by our trained crew, swimmers will be allowed into the water with a guide and a floating line attached to the boat for safety. All activities comply with Whale Watching Guidelines and our own Swim with Whales Code of Practice.
• Whale One, Shop 11/12, 123 Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba QLD 4557, Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you wish to take part in the whale swimming you need to be able to swim. Unfortunately if you are pregnant we cannot take you on this tour.
- If you are bringing children under 8 yrs old they cannot get in the water and must have an adult/guardian on board at all times with them. If you are bringing kids between 8 and 15 please be aware that they need to be strong swimmers for this activity. Children under 5 are not permitted on board.
- Life Jackets and swimming aids are available.
- If the trip is cancelled due to poor weather, then another day will be scheduled.
- A min of 6 guests are required for these tours to run.
- There is no guarantee that guests will get to swim with the whales, as this is a 100% natural experience in the whales’ natural environment. The tour operator staff will make the final decision as to whether if it is appropriate to enter the water with the whales, in the interests of both guests and whales safety. Additionally, staff will have the final say as to a guest’s in-water ability.
- Min age for swimmers is 8 years and younger children allowed for whale watching only.
- All children must be supervised by an adult (both on the boat and in the water).
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Food and drinks
123 Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba QLD 4557, Australia
8am Monday to Friday
7:30am, 11:30am Saturday and Sunday.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sunreef Mooloolaba and Whale One Mooloolaba in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.