Experience an insider look at the World Heritage listed Sydney Opera House on this guided walking tour. Step beneath the sails with a knowledgeable guide who will explain the history and architecture of the Opera House’s controversial construction, enjoy backstage stories about the stars and thousands of performances that have taken place since the icon opened in 1973. Enjoy photo opportunities in unique off-limit vantage points.
Make a day of it and upgrade to include a Tasting Plate at Opera Kitchen or Tour and Dine at Opera Bar with stunning waterfront views.
Tasting Plate: The tasting plate presented in two tasting boxes includes sliders, cured meats, and succulent salads, is designed for two people to share.
Tour and Dine: Live like a local and join us for a meal at Opera Bar after your tour, we've picked our favorites beer battered fish and chips, ricotta gnocchi and angus rump
Small Group Option:
Backstage Tour: Small group morning Backstage tour option.
What You'll Get
Visit: Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point Easy walk from Circular Quay Train Station, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Your tour of the Sydney Opera House takes you behind the scenes of one of the world’s most iconic performance venues, where more than 1,500 concerts, plays, musicals and ballets are staged every year. Explore it with an insider guide, who shares stories and fun facts about the opera house’s history, performances and architecture throughout your 1-hour tour.
Walk through the elegant foyers, visit one of the largest pillar-free chambers in the world, sit down in a custom-made white birch chair and look up at the vaulted ceiling. Check out areas that are off-limits to the general public, learn about the distinctive exterior design made up of ‘shell’ tiles, and hear about opera house’s Danish architect, including his inspiration and building challenges.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note the standard guided tour contains approx. 200 stairs - Low Impact. If you have limited mobility there is a daily 12:00pm access tour pre-booking is required please contact the supplier directly. The Sydney Opera House (English Tour) is available between 9:00am and 5:00pm daily. The tours are subject to a maximum capacity. If you did not book a specific guided tour time upon booking you can contact the supplier directly to arrange your departure time
- Tour & Dine is available daily at Opera Bar between 11.30am - 6.30pm and the Tasting Plate is available daily at Opera Kitchen from 11:00am - 8:30pm. The Dine and the Tasting Plate are an added option only and not included in the standard tour ticket price. Minimum of two people are required to book the Tasting Plate option. Seasonal menus subject to change.
- The Backstage Tour (if option selected) operates at 7:00am only - enclosed shoes must be worn, this tour is a more in depth behind-the scenes option.
- Tours do not operate on Good Friday, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day before 1:00pm
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Sydney Opera House
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sydney Opera House in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.