Experience an insider look at the World Heritage listed Sydney Opera House on this 1-hour guided walking tour. Go behind-the-scenes with a knowledgeable guide who will explain the history and architecture of the Opera House’s controversial construction, enjoy backstage stories about the stars and thousands of performances that have taken place since the Icon opened in 1973. Enjoy photo opportunities from unique off-limit vantage points. Make a day of it and upgrade your tour to include a Tasting Plate at Opera Kitchen or Tour & Dine at the famous Opera Bar with stunning waterfront views. Tasting Plate - The tasting plate presented in two tasting boxes includes fresh seafood, mini burgers and succulent salads is designed for two people to share.Tour & Dine - Live like a local and join us for a meal at Opera Bar after your tour, we’ve picked our favourites - beer battered fish & chips, ricotta gnocchi and O’Connor Angus rump. Tours run from 9:00am - 5:00pm daily
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point Easy walk from Circular Quay Train Station, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Your tour of the Sydney Opera House takes you behind the scenes of one of the world’s most iconic performance venues, where more than 1,500 concerts, plays, musicals and ballets are staged every year. Explore it with an insider guide, who shares stories and fun facts about the opera house’s history, performances and architecture throughout your 1-hour tour.
Walk through the elegant foyers, visit one of the largest pillar-free chambers in the world, sit down in a custom-made white birch chair and look up at the vaulted ceiling. Check out areas that are off-limits to the general public, learn about the distinctive exterior design made up of ‘shell’ tiles, and hear about opera house’s Danish architect, including his inspiration and building challenges.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note the guided tour contains approx. 200 stairs - Low Impact. If you have limited mobility there is a daily 12:00pm Access Tour - pre booking is required please contact the supplier directly
- Opera Bar and Opera Kitchen are open daily from 11:30am - 6:30pm
- Minimum of two people are required to book the Tasting Plate option
- The Sydney Opera House (English Tour) is available between 9:00am and 5:00pm daily. The tours are subject to a maximum capacity. If you did not book a specific guided tour time upon booking you can contact the supplier directly to arrange your departure time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Tours do not operate on Good Friday, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day before 1:00pm
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Local guide
- Tasting plate at Opera Kitchen (if option selected)
- Meal provided at Opera Bar (If option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Sydney Opera House
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sydney Opera House in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.