This mountain bike tour is an adventurous, exhilarating and educational way to experience Hobart's Mt. Wellington/kunanyi. The trails you'll be riding are relatively easy, basic bike handling skills are all that's necessary. It's a gentle descent all the way, so only a basic fitness level is required. For most of the ride, you'll simply be cruising along, taking in the beautiful mountain scenery. Along the way, you'll pass giant ferns, towering eucalyps, bubbling springs, waterfalls, and historic structures. The Pipeline Track follows the water pipeline that was built in the mid-1800s. Along the track, there are interpretation boards telling the story of the pipeline and life on Mt. Wellington. During your time in the minibus, the driver will share local knowledge and maybe a few historical facts.
Tasmanian Mountain Bike Adventures is one of the leading mountain bike tour operators in the state, so you can trust us to provide quality bikes, rider information, and advice.
About This Deal
This easy, beginner-friendly mountain bike tour on Hobart's kunanyi/Mount Wellington also includes a stop-off at the summit. The main trail you'll be riding is called the 'Pipeline Track'. It's a delightful, beginner-friendly ride, meandering down through the lower foothills of the mountain. It’s a great way to experience the mountain up close, and you’ll feel you’ve had quite an adventure! Guests also have the option for a thrilling ride down the road from the summit of Mt. Wellington.
Your tour starts at our office in South Hobart. First up, you'll be fitted to a mountain bike, plus helmet. Then, you'll board our minibus and be shuttled to the summit of Mt. Wellington. After taking in the spectacular summit views over the city and beyond, you'll have the option to ride down the summit road, an exhilarating 6 km descent. If you prefer not to ride down the summit road, you'll descend in the minibus. After the summit experience, riders will rejoin the minibus and be shuttled to the start of the Pipeline Track. This beautiful 11km beginner-friendly trail gently descends through the forest of the lower foothills of the mountain. The ride finishes at our office in South Hobart.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- To participate in this bike tour basic bike riding skills are required. All participants must read and sign a waiver.
- Mountain bike and safety helmet
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Trail map
- Puncture repair kit
- Snacks - Advise bringing a drink and a snack.
- Dress according to the weather forecast. The weather on the mountain can change quickly. Recommend bring a small back pack with a spray jacket and extra layer of warm clothing.
3 hours 45 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tasmanian Mountain Bike Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.