Delve into Melbourne’s cultural and culinary side with a 4.5-hour walking tour of the lively South Melbourne Market. Set out with your guide and small group of no more than 8 people on a carefully curated stroll that showcases local cuisine and Melbourne’s boutique artists and designers. Enjoy a sit-down lunch, sip Victorian wine, and discover what it’s like to live like a local.
What You'll Get
Embark on a 4.5-hour culinary and cultural walking tour of the South Melbourne Market with your local guide and a small group of fellow participants.
Your tour begins at a designated meeting point along the river, where your guide provides insight into the history of the city and its development over the years.
Then board a tram to South Melbourne where you’ll get to try some of Melbourne’s best coffee. Stroll through the city’s oldest market, sampling various dishes and learning the stories the have helped craft its unique character as you go. Browse the boutique works of local designers and artists while getting an in-depth sense of your surrounds.
Then enjoy a sit-down lunch at a specially selected location, as well as a glass of Victorian wine that you can savor while people-watching.
Once the tour concludes, you’re free to explore the area’s cafes, bars and shops on your own, or simply head back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 18 or older to drink
- A multilingual guide may lead the tour
- Please advise about any specific dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian) when booking the tour
- Operates rain or shine; please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. Cancellation after confirmation is possible if there are not enough guests to meet requirements. If this occurs we will offer you an alternative tour date or full refund
- Maximum of 8 people per booking
- Involves a moderate amount of walking
- Not recommended for participants with heart issues or other serious medical conditions
- Tour is wheelchair accessible, though please notice us of any wheelchair participants prior to the tour date. Be prepared for uneven surfaces
- Bottled water
- Food tasting and complimentary glass of wine
- Experience of a local guide
- Alcoholic drinks over and above the included glass of wine (available to purchase)
Casino/MCEC/Clarendon St, Southbank VIC 3006, Australia
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Visitor in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.