This is Perth’s only food tour dedicated to good old American Barbecue! Smoked ribs, juicy 16-hour brisket, pulled pork and all the deliciously indulgent trimmings that come with it, need we say more…For visitors to Perth, this is a great way to see the City from a local’s perspective. As you eat and drink your way around Perth on a progressive lunch, you will find some hidden gems and explore areas that you wouldn’t see on a regular sightseeing tour. On this food tour you will taste delicious pit smoked BBQ meats and sides from different kitchens as well as discovering some small bars around Perth. For locals, this is a unique and fun day out for food-loving friends!Our tours are guaranteed to be a maximum of 12 people, so that you get a personalised and memorable experience.
What You'll Get
The tasting route for this tour takes you to some of Perth's best American style Barbecue smokehouses. As you stop in each neighborhood, your local guide will also point out some interesting local sights and a few other Perth hidden gems that are worth coming back to visit.
The tour includes: A progressive lunch across multiple restaurants and bars with all tastings and some drinks included. You will get to taste all the pit smoked classics such as ribs, brisket, burnt ends, pulled pork, chicken, mac and cheese, slow-cooked beans, pickles, slaw and dessert. An American style cocktail and a local beer or cider are also included; and door to door transport service.
And - did you know that Perth has a chef that has a Bachelor of Barbeque Science and was trained in Kansas by the world’s most accomplished barbeque chef and pitmaster? You will get to meet him on this tour and hear how he uses his smoker to create those traditional flavours we all love.
American barbecue is a very casual style of eating. Cover your ribs in sauce and make new friends as you bond over a 16-hour smoked brisket and a generous side of southern hospitality. One thing we absolutely guarantee is that you will not finish the day hungry!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Non-alcoholic drinks can be substituted for people who don't drink, please advise at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This tour is not suitable for Vegetarians/Vegans. Other dietary requirements can be catered for, please advise at time of booking.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- A unique guided food tour around Perth
- Lunch with all food included (a range of smoked meats, sides, dessert)
- Tailor made cocktail at one of Perth's best bars
- A local beer or cider
- Meet and greet a Barbeque chef
- A super friendly, local guide
- Bottled water, umbrellas, sunscreen
- Air-conditioned, comfortable transport between venues
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Up Close and Local Tours
- Any additional drinks other than those specified
- Any additional purchases made at any venues
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from hotels in Perth City, Northbridge or Crown Perth is included. If your hotel is not in the pick up list but is in these areas please include it in your booking notes.
If you are staying outside of these areas, you can meet at one of the central meeting points for your pick up;
• Next to the Bell Tower at Barrack Square
• Outside Wellington Street Train Station (Perth Station)
We will contact you prior to the tour to confirm your exact pick up time and provide instructions for your pick up location.
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Up Close and Local Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.