Explore the Astronomy Capital of Australia on a driving tour from Coonabarabran's Visitor Centre to Siding Spring Observatory.
• See 6 of the 9 three-dimensional planet models displayed on huge billboards along the world’s largest Virtual Solar System Drive
• Hear from producer Marnie Ogg, the director of Dark Sky Traveller and special guest Fred Watson, Astronomer-in-Charge of Australia's biggest telescope for 20 years
• Do it all in an hour or linger at stops along the way with complete control over when you start and finish
• Get unlimited use before and after your booking date
• Use the virtual tour option at home
Once you’ve booked, you’ll receive a ticket with instructions and a unique code listed under “Before You Go”. Then simply install the VoiceMap app and enter your code.
The app displays directions to the starting point, and when you’re in the right place, just tap start. VoiceMap has automatic GPS playback, with turn-by-turn directions. It also works offline.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Coonabarabran Visitor Information Centre, Newell Highway, Coonabarabran, New South Wales 2357 Australia
The tour starts outside the Coonabarabran Visitors Centre. You'll hear about the tour, how it works using the VoiceMap app and about the virtual solar system drive.
Pass By: Mercury, Solar System Drive, Observatory Road, Coonabarabran NSW 2357, Australia
The tour takes place in Australia along the world's largest virtual solar system drive. The tour passes by several virtual planets.
Pass By: Warrumbungle Observatory, 841 Timor Rd, Coonabarabran, New South Wales 2357 Australia
The tour passes by the Warrumbungle Observatory.
Pass By: Siding Spring Observatory, Observatory Road, Coonabarabran, New South Wales 2357 Australia
The tour ends at Siding Spring Observatory.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitiser with them to ensure their own protection and the protection of others.
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
Coonabarabran Visitors Centre, Coonabarabran NSW 2357, Australia
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/4/2021 - 6/8/2023
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
60 to 120 minutes
Siding Spring Observatory, Observatory Rd, Coonabarabran NSW 2357, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the VoiceMap in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.