Join a remarkable two hour boutique snorkelling tour for maximum 12x guests beside the stunning Mornington Peninsula in Victoria.On this fun snorkel adventure you’ll enjoy discovering the beauty of the temperate Great Southern Reef and see a wide array of marine animals. Snorkelling at three different sites you’ll meet colourful fish, graceful stingrays, unusual weedy seadragons and swim with entertaining seals. In our fast RIB boat we’ll quickly travel between each location, looking out for dolphin sightings as we explore the southern end of the very pretty Mornington Peninsula. The tour departs from the pier in Sorrento, original land of the Boonwurrung people, site of the first European Settlement in 1803, and passes beneath the up to 20-million year old unique calcarenite cliffs of the Mornington Peninsula National Park. Beneath the water lay the vast chain of the Great Southern Reef and its unusual yet often majestic marine life.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: WaterMaarq, Esplanade Sorrento Pier, Sorrento, Victoria 3943 Australia
Make your way to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula to meet your local guide and the Captain of your Eco RIB boat. Sorrento is around a 1.5hr drive from Melbourne.
Meeting at the Sorrento Pier at least 25 minutes before departure (allow more time in summer), you’ll be greeted by your Guide and introduced to fellow guests.
Slip into your wetsuit and listen to a short briefing on what to expect during the 2-hour boat excursion. Hop in to the boat and take your seat; it may be a lively ride.
Join a boutique tour with just twelve guests and enjoy a remarkable snorkelling experience.
Extending around Australia’s southern coastline is a series of reefs holding some of the most productive ecosystems on the planet. The Great Southern Reef features extensive kelp seaweed forests that support many marine species that are not found anywhere else on Earth.
Home to a variety of marine life including fur seals, zebra fish, little penguins, bottlenose dolphins, rays, giant cuttlefish, spider crabs, sponges, kelp and seadragons. You’ll be smiling from ear to ear swimming freely with entertaining seals, listen curiously to the grunts and clicks of fish working the reef and be mesmerised by the rich colours you could never have imagined live beneath the surface.
Snorkel on the surface with your expert guide and feel safe looking at local marine wildlife. Travelling aboard our RIB boat, you’ll get away from it all and enjoy a local adventure. Spend an exciting couple of hours on the vast Port Phillip Bay, snorkelling by boat along the Mornington Peninsula. Swim with seals and fish species found only in temperate waters.
Your friendly crew will guide you as you explore the incredible diversity and magic of our mysterious underwater world.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Mornington Peninsula National Park, Point Nepean Road, Victoria Australia
Cruise by the 20-million year old coastal cliffs and admire from the boat the stunning scenery of the national parklands.
Stop At: Pope's Eye, Port Phillip Bay, Queenscliff, Victoria 3225 Australia
Snorkel the waters to see the incredible colour and vibrant marine life of Pope's Eye Marine Park, a wonderful experience on the Great Southern Reef chain.
Duration: 25 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please dress comfortably and warmly
- Please bring swimmers, a towel, a hat, sunglasses, camera and your own re-usable water bottle
- Guests must have basic swimming skills as a minimum. Snorkel tours do not cater for people with no swimming ability. The Captain retains the right to refuse passage
- Guests with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Sea conditions can be unpredictable at times, this may cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness
- Tours are rarely cancelled, the experience provider will reschedule your tour only in the case of severe weather which would make the tour unsafe
- Subject to minimum numbers and may be rescheduled if minimum numbers are not met
- Guests will have the opportunity to spot dolphins, however sightings can not be guaranteed as they are wild animals
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Tours depart at the scheduled time and will not wait for late guests
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- 2-hour snorkelling experience by boat
- Professional local guide
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Safety equipment and pre-tour briefings
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the WaterMaarq in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.