See entertaining unique local wildlife on our boutique 1.5-hour adventure cruise for up to 12 guests.
Cruise the glorious coast of the Mornington Peninsula and southern Port Phillip Bay. At any time of year you’re likely to see gannets diving, fur seals playing, nesting cormorants, or a pod of dolphins riding the waves and frolicking about.
About This Deal
Make your way to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula to meet your local guide and your rigid inflatable boat (RIB). Sorrento is around a 1.5hr drive from Melbourne.
Meeting at the Sorrento Pier at least 20 minutes early (allow up to 1 hour in summer), you'll listen to a short briefing on what to expect during the scenic ecotour.
Departing shore, we'll quickly gather pace and zoom our way by Millionaire's Walk and Point King towards the Chinaman's Hat, a man-made seal haul-out platform.
Be prepared for a lively ride as you venture into the bay to explore our wonderful marine playground. On the return journey, it's a grand opportunity to get close to the Australian Fur Seals, where you can watch them rest and play.
During the voyage we'll seek out the resident Bottlenose Dolphins and if they're not fishing they may even come to play. In winter months we'll explore the broader waters for whale sightings including Humpback, Southern Right and Killer whales (Orca).
Make sure you dress warmly - warm jackets, scarves, beanies and gloves are recommended in Autumn and Spring, sometimes even in summer. And remember your camera!
• WaterMaarq, Esplanade Sorrento Pier, Sorrento, Victoria 3943 Australia
• Pope's Eye, Port Phillip Bay, Queenscliff, Victoria 3225 Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be at least 5 years old to join the tour
- It is highly recommended that you wear warm clothing and clothing that you don't mind getting wet, including shoes
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Guests will have the opportunity to spot dolphins, however sightings can not be guaranteed as they are wild animals
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice
- Medical Conditions: Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Getting There
- From Melbourne you'll need to drive around 90 minutes south to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula (allow 2 hours in summer, sometimes longer). Once you're in Sorrento, you should park near the ferry terminal. Make your way to the Sorrento Pier (at the end of the Esplanade)
- From Queenscliff, catch the Sorrento-Queenscliff ferry towards Sorrento and once arrived, make your way to the end of Sorrento Pier.
- Esplanade, Sorrento VIC 3943
- On Google Maps make your way to the pin-drop for WaterMaarq
- Tours depart at the scheduled time and will not wait for late guests
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- WaterMaarq is an Australian Tourism Industry Council certified COVID Clean Practicing Business.
- Full open vessel for unobstructed views
- Qualified and experienced guides
- Amazing photo opportunities
- Tailored experience for small groups of 12 guests
- Other Inclusions:
- Parks Victoria use fees
- Not Included:
- Accommodation Pick-up / Drop Offs
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the WaterMaarq in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.