See entertaining unique local wildlife on our boutique 1.5-hour adventure cruise for up to 12 guests.
Cruise the glorious coast of the Mornington Peninsula and southern Port Phillip Bay. At any time of year you’re likely to see gannets diving, fur seals playing, nesting cormorants, or a pod of dolphins riding the waves and frolicking about.
What You'll Get
Make your way to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula to meet your local guide and your rigid inflatable boat (RIB). Sorrento is around a 1.5hr drive from Melbourne.
Meeting at the Sorrento Pier at least 20 minutes early (allow up to 1 hour in summer), you'll listen to a short briefing on what to expect during the scenic ecotour.
Departing shore, we'll quickly gather pace and zoom our way by Millionaire's Walk and Point King towards the Chinaman's Hat, a man-made seal haul-out platform.
Be prepared for a lively ride as you venture into the bay to explore our wonderful marine playground. On the return journey, it's a grand opportunity to get close to the Australian Fur Seals, where you can watch them rest and play.
During the voyage we'll seek out the resident Bottlenose Dolphins and if they're not fishing they may even come to play. In winter months we'll explore the broader waters for whale sightings including Humpback, Southern Right and Killer whales (Orca).
Make sure you dress warmly - warm jackets, scarves, beanies and gloves are recommended in Autumn and Spring, sometimes even in summer. And remember your camera!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be at least 5 years old to join the tour
- It is highly recommended that you wear warm clothing and clothing that you don't mind getting wet, including shoes
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Guests will have the opportunity to spot dolphins, however sightings can not be guaranteed as they are wild animals
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice
- Medical Conditions: Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Getting There
- From Melbourne you'll need to drive around 90 minutes south to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula (allow 2 hours in summer, sometimes longer). Once you're in Sorrento, you should park near the ferry terminal. Make your way to the Sorrento Pier (at the end of the Esplanade)
- From Queenscliff, catch the Sorrento-Queenscliff ferry towards Sorrento and once arrived, make your way to the end of Sorrento Pier.
- Esplanade, Sorrento VIC 3943
- On Google Maps make your way to the pin-drop for WaterMaarq
- Tours depart at the scheduled time and will not wait for late guests
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Purpose built high speed eco vessel
- Jockey style comfort seating
- Full open vessel for unobstructed views
- Guided activities
- Qualified and experienced guides
- Amazing photo opportunities
- Tailored experience for small groups of 12 guests
- Other Inclusions:
- Parks Victoria use fees
- National Park fees
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Not Included:
- Accommodation Pick-up / Drop Offs
- In-water activities, this is a scenic tour only
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the WaterMaarq in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.