Embark on this 14-day tour of China and discover some of the gems of this diverse country, including both famous sites and lesser-known destinations. Experience life alongside the River Yangtze with a four-night cruise and take a variety of additional excursions to get more insight into the local history and culture of the region. Take a chance to visit the Tiananmen Square and walk along The Great Wall of China, discover the famous Terracotta Warriors Site, and experience some local customs in Gubei Water Town.
Day 1 (in-flight meal) Chengdu Arrival
- Begin the journey with an international flight to Chengdu. Upon arrival at the Chengdu International Airport, be greeted by the tour guide and transferred to the hotel.
Day 2 (breakfast, dinner) Chengdu- Yichang
- Be transferred from Chengdu to Yichang. On arrival, board the Yangtze River Cruise ship and begin a four-night cruise down the Yangtze River.
Day 3 (breakfast, lunch, dinner) Yangtze River Cruise
- Start the morning with some exercises on board and admire the surrounding gorges. In the evening, return to the ship and attend the Captain’s Welcome Banquet paired with the evening entertainment of a Chinese dancing ball.
Optional excursions: Three Gorges Dam Site Tribe of the three gorges
Day 4 (breakfast, lunch, dinner) Yangtze River Cruise
- Choose to embark on the optional excursions or enjoy a leisure day on board the ship. In the afternoon, continue to cruise into the western section of Xiling Gorge.
- Optional excursions: Lesser Three Gorges or Shennong Stream | White Emperor City sightseeing
Day 5 (breakfast, lunch, dinner) Yangtze River Cruise
- Pass through the mountains of Eastern Sichuan. Take part in one of the optional excursions or be pampered with a massage and relax on the ship. In the evening, enjoy the farewell dinner and prepare for disembarking the next day.
- Optional excursions: Fengdu Ghost City | Shibaozhai pagoda sightseeing
Day 6 (breakfast) Chongqing - Xi An
- Be transferred from Chongqing to Xi An. Upon arrival, meet the tour guide and be transferred to the hotel. Take some time to relax and prepare for the next day adventures.
Day 7 (breakfast, lunch) Xi An - Terracotta Warriors, Moslem Street
- Discover the Terracotta Warriors Site, considered the eighth wonder of the world. Explore the army of over 7000 soldiers, archers, horses and chariots protecting the Emperor Qin’s tomb since 210 BC. On the way to the terracotta warriors, visit a factory and learn more about the creation, conservation and history of the Warrior vaults. After lunch, walk through the famous Moslem Street, full of food and souvenir options.
Day 8 (breakfast, lunch) Xi An - Wild Goose Pagoda, Provincial Museum, Ancient City
- Start the day with a visit to the Wild Goose Pagoda, the temple that was originally used by scholars to translate the Buddhism scriptures into Chinese and then became a holy place. Continue on to the Provincial Museum. Then visit the famous Ancient City Wall, built in 194 BC, the oldest and best preserved ancient city wall in all of China. In the evening choose to join an optional Tang Dynasty Dance Performance.
Day 9 (breakfast) Xi An - Beijing
- Board a high-speed train to the capital city of Beijing. Upon arrival, be met by the tour guide and transferred to the hotel. Take some time to relax and prepare for the next day adventures.
Day 10 (breakfast, dinner) Beijing - Great Wall
- Visit the 2008 Olympic Games sites, then continue to a jade factory to learn about jade, China’s most precious and celebrated stone, and its manufacturing process. After lunch, travel into the north of the city to the magnificent Great Wall of China and climb to the top of it. Afterwards, head to Gubei Water Town and enjoy an overnight stay with a panoramic Great Wall view.
Day 11 (breakfast) Gubei Water Town
- Explore Gubei Water Town with its old houses, quartzite streets, long narrow alleyways, and river channels scattered between the streets. See the sights and experience some local customs while in the town.
Day 12 (breakfast) Gubei Water Town - Beijing
- In the morning, choose to embark on an optional tour to Little Potala Palace, Chengde, modelled after the Potala Palace in Tibet. In the afternoon, head back to Beijing and explore Tiananmen Square, one of the largest and grandest public plazas in the world. Then experience the oriental foot massage at a traditional Chinese medical centre and learn about some alternative Chinese medical treatments.
Day 13-14 (breakfast) Beijing Departure
- Be transferred to the airport for a flight home.