Combine two of Byron Bay’s must-do experiences – kayaking with dolphins and climbing Mount Warning at sunrise. Ocean kayaking, wild dolphins, camp fires, night time stargazing, early morning bushwalking, ancient rainforests and jaw-dropping panoramic views await you. Spend an afternoon kayaking with dolphins in the Byron Bay Marine Park before traveling to the base of Mount Warning for a delicious campfire BBQ dinner (vegetarian options available on request). Camp overnight in a tent under the stars and wake early next morning to embark on a climb to the top of Mount Warning reaching the summit as the sun starts to rise over the easternmost point of Australia.
What You'll Get
Day 1: Dolphin Kayak Tour & Mount Warning base camp
Stop At: Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Byron Shire, New South Wales
This overnight Byron Bay tour kicks off with a three hour afternoon ocean kayak with our partner Go Sea Kayak Byron Bay, that offers some of the best dolphin spotting in Byron Bay – not to mention turtles and migrating whales (during the winter months).
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mount Warning, New South Wales Australia
From here, we hit the road for a scenic drive through the Byron hinterland to the Mount Warning National Park where we set-up camp for the night. Unwind and relax around the campfire while you enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner and toast marshmallows before spending the night in your tent under the stars.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Camping under the stars in your tent.
Day 2: Mount Warning summit walk
Stop At: Mount Warning Summit Trail, Mount Warning, New South Wales 2484 Australia
After your breakfast climb Mount Warning at dawn to reach the highest point in the region and bask in the first sun rays to hit mainland Australia. How long does it take to climb Mount Warning? The journey is a 9km, 4 hour self-guided return walk that takes you through subtropical World Heritage listed rainforest and, upon ascent, offers 360 degree ocean and Byron hinterland views. It never fails to inspire.
Duration: 9 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: The actual 9 km return Summit Walk is self guided. Byron Bay Adventure Tours does not operate within the Wollumbin NP.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- All transfers
- All gear for your kayak adventure
- Free trip photos (for download)
- All camping gear (tents, mattresses, sleeping bags, torches)
- All meals (afternoon tea, BBQ-style dinner, breakfast, snacks for the walk)
- Entry/Admission - Mount Warning
- Entry/Admission - Mount Warning Summit Trail
- No guidance for the actual 9 km return summit walk.
Byron Visitor Centre, 80 Jonson St, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Byron Bay Adventure Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.