Wine tours are nothing without the perfect surroundings in which to indulge. Nestled inland from Newcastle, the Hunter Valley is a mere 2 hour drive from Sydney and is home to wineries, luscious farmland, art galleries, golf courses and native wildlife.
On this small-group tour with no more than 16 participants you’ll taste Australian made wines at three boutique wineries, paired with a food menu to compliment every drop. Before leaving Sydney, you’ll visit the Sydney Fish Markets to purchase fresh seafood to be used in the menu and stop in the Hawkesbury region for breakfast.
Your guide is not just any old guide – he is your cook as well, and is a qualified chef! We do this to make sure that the food you get to eat matches your tour and the wines you are tasting to perfection.
Our mission is to make your day not just an outing, but an expedition, exploring vineyards, and experiencing first class cooking in idyllic surrounds.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sydney Fish Market, Bank St Pyrmont, Sydney, New South Wales 2009 Australia
A short Cooks Tour of the 3rd largest Fish Market in the world, learn about the seafood auction and what to check when buying fresh seafood. Grab a coffee while the chef picks up fresh produce for the days long lunch.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Hawkesbury River NSW Brooklyn NSW, New South Wales 2083 Australia
Take your camera for a 10 minute riverside walk while your driver/guide/chef whips up a big hot breakfast to prepare yourself for the wine to come later.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Hunter Valley, New South Wales Australia
Visit 3 Boutique wineries and meet the locals/ owners/ winemakers and sample wines at all three cellar doors. Freshly barbecued or prepared food to be paired with specific wines at the second and third winery.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Gourmet Getaway Tours, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Travel in airconditioned comfort as we make our way from Sydney to The Hunter Valley wine region and back again. Water and snacks provided on boarding.
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum number per booking is 16 people
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking as most food is prepared prior
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Selected hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Hunter Valley
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Gourmet Getaway Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.