Come aboard and enjoy the Leven River and its surrounds, among the abundant bird life, try to spot the Sea Eagles, Azure King Fisher and if your lucky enough you may spot the elusive Platypus in its natural environment. Disembark 8-kilometers upstream at historic Leven Park for a break to enjoy your picnic and stroll through the beautiful forest reserve. On the return there is more tales true and tall to enjoy as you cruise to the river mouth to enjoy the foreshore of the Leven River Estuary.
About This Deal
Arrive 10-minutes prior the departure for safety induction. Your cruise departs at the Wharf Road Pontoon, East Ulverstone.
Experience the Leven River and its history development and settlement as we journey along the river for 8-kilometers upstream, watching out for the elusive Sea Eagles, Azure King Fisher and many more estuary birds. Your luck may be in to sight the shy mysterious Platypus in its natural environment as the cruise peacefully journeys upstream to the exclusive unique historic Leven Park. Leven Park has many historic links to the early cruises of 1880 and 1980's previous cruises, which was abandoned due war and marketing changes.
On this cruise you will have the opportunity to stroll through the beautiful sanctuary forest of tall eucalyptus, black woods and the amazing large dicksonia antarctica ferns. On the return from the forest walk you will enjoy a picnic lunch whilst resting under the shelter on the banks of the Leven River. You have the option to either bring your own picnic, or choose to be catered for.
On the return you will have a commentary on the tales true and tall that have lingered on from the past, whilst taking in the tidal river changes and keeping full watch for the elusive animal and bird life on the sanctuary. Ending the cruise into the bay and mouth of the Leven River to enjoy and learn about the remaining military history parks and developments that surround the banks of the Leven River.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 16 people per booking.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board ( 3 steps down into the vessel) and disembark and be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Bottled water
- Picnic Lunch (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Leven River Cruises
- Souvenir pens (available to purchase)
- Food, unless specified
Due to tidal changes, departure times vary greatly day to day. Cruise times vary from 7am - 1:30pm, please reconfirm with your local operator exactly what time has been confirmed for your day of travel
3 hours 30 minutes
You will be returned to the same departure boat ramp
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Leven River Cruises in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.