Situated in a leafy neighborhood, on the south side of the Swan river in Perth, this cooking school has been offering fun cooking classes to the public since 1997. Walking into the kitchen you are not just entering a teaching arena but a complete experience for the senses and soul. The sights, sounds and smells along with the energy of the professional facilitators and other participants will give you a tingle of anticipation. These 3-hour interactive cooking classes are designed to inspire and will give you plenty of ideas and confidence to take your cooking to the next level.
About This Deal
As the sun sets, friends meet at bars enjoying conversations, a few drinks and eating snacks brimming with flavor. This is part of Spain’s ancient cultural heritage. Discover how to create a multitude of delicious savory dishes using classic Spanish ingredients, in the appealing Tapas, small-plate style. The class concludes with crisp sugar-crusted Churros dipped in luxurious Hot Chocolate.
Make a green curry paste from scratch to ensure a dish to make your taste buds sing. By experiencing this especially designed menu over 3-hours in the kitchen, you’ll cover authentic skills, methods and techniques. Learn about commonly used Thai ingredients and where to shop for them. Your confidence will grow when you discover the purpose of each ingredient in the finished dish.
Tastes of Tokyo
And no wonder…there are so many styles of this wonderful cuisine.
We bring you our take on Japanese favourites we have enjoyed in restaurants around town. The ones we keep going back to time and time again.Along with recipes, this combination will provide plenty of inspiration and ideas to serve exciting Japanese food at your table.
These are Sharing Plates you just might just want to keep for yourself!
Classic French Bistro
This type of French cuisine can be pared down and cooked when a simple plate of sustenance is needed. Or it can rise to the occasion when a go-all-out celebration is required.
These classic recipes in this class are rewarding to cook. They’ll entice you into the kitchen time and time again.
Learn essential French techniques that improve cooking insight and ability. You’ll use them constantly for fabulous results.
Essence Of Asian Eats
When creating dishes from flavours of Asia there are essential techniques to understand and master. This knowledge can be referred to time and time again for the cornerstone to a wonderful meal.
We have drawn on our extensive knowledge of many Asian cuisines to bring you a selection of the most useful and delicious items.
New York Nosh
The addictive Momofuku Milk Bar luscious caramel pie is a texture and taste sensation. Then there’s America’s most famous bar snack, finger-licking Spicy Buffalo Wings. This selection from the Big Apple would not be complete without The Best Beefburger Ever. You’ll even get to make your own fresh brioche bun from scratch.
Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of Vietnamese food with expert guidance and advice from our team.
Fresh herbs, vegetables and seasonings presented at the table to compliment dishes is pure brilliance.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. We will endeavour to accommodate your request.
- Minimum participant age is 8 years.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- BYO wine and beer.
- Aprons supplied.
- Spanish Tapas - Included
- Crisp Patatas Bravas, hot from the pan drizzled with Spains classic, vibrant Green Mojo Sauce
- Finger licking Sherry Paprika and Oregano Chicken, roasted to golden perfection.
- Salad of Jamon Serrano, Perino Tomato, Green Olive and warm Black Lentils tossed with Sherry Vinaigrette
- Queso Manchego and Membrillo
- Chorizo in Cider and Lemon
- Decadent Hot Chocolate with hot crisp Churros rolled in cinnamon sugar
- Intoxicating Thai - Included
- Wok-Tossed Rice Noodle Chicken Pad Thai
- Fresh Green Curry Paste
- Thai Green Curry of Chicken and Vegetables
- Steamed Kaffir, Coconut and Galangal Rice
- Black Sticky Rice, Coconut Cream, Mango, Banana
- Taste Of Tokyo - Included
- Ramen Bowl
- Miso Salmon
- Karaage Chicken
- Pickled Wakame Cucumbers
- Sushi-Seasoned Sticky Rice
- Teppanyaki Vegetables with Ponzu
- Siracha and Lime Mayo
- Salted Edamame
- Horn Puffs filled with Matcha Tea White Chocolate Mousse
- Classic French Bistro
- Elegant Classic French Crêpes filled with Herbed Cheese, Garlic Mushrooms, Leeks, Spinach and Lemon
- Slow Cooked Confit of Duck
- Golden Duck Fat Roasted Potatoes
- Salad of Dressed Leaves, Walnut, Fennel and Beurrre Bosc Pear
- The Ultimate Vanilla Crème Brulée
- Blackberry Verjuice Compote
- Essence Of Asian Eats
- Light, crisp Tempura Batter Vegetables, Wasabi Mayonnaise Tender Masterstock Chicken, Crisp Cabbage and Herb Salad More-ish Thai Fish Cakes with Sweet Chilli Jam and Cucumber and Peanut Pickle
- Chinese Spiced Beef Stir Fry with Star Anise, Wood Ear Fungus, Sechuan Peppercorns and Mandarin Zest
- The recipes above include Stir Frying, Poaching and Deep Frying techniques.
- Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
- The Best NYC Beefburger
- House Chopped Salad
- Fresh Brioche Bun
- Chilli Tomato Jam
- Momofuku Milk Bar (Caramel) Crack Pie
- Fresh and Fragrant Vietnamese
- Pho Bo - Our beef version of this famous fragrant broth soup. Brimming with rice noodles, fresh herbs and crisp vegetable this ‘meal in a bowl’ is full of goodness to satisfy anyone’s hunger. Season your own bowl with sweet, sour and salty potions, so it’s just how you like it.
- Fresh Rice Noodle Seafood Rolls with ‘Dancing’ Herbs - Very simple and utterly addictive light fresh rice noodle rolls filled with white fish and prawn. Cooked in bamboo steamers.
- Vietnamese Chicken and Coconut Rice - Street-cooked barbequed smoky chicken is matched with a seriously good Vietnamese Nuoc Cham dressing. With plenty of fresh herbs and the creamy coconut rice, this dish showcases the superb flavour balance of this cuisine.
- Vietnamese Coffee Sua - Fresh ground Vietnamese coffee is allowed to slowly drip through the special filter. The chocolate flavour profile is complimented by a dash of condensed milk. This is as delicious served hot when the weather is cool as it is, refreshingly iced, on a summers day.
- All kitchen equipment
- All ingredients
- Qualified chef as teacher
- Eat what you cook
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Matters of Taste Cooking School in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.