See Australia’s amazing animals on a day trip to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary from Brisbane. Your river cruise takes you from the bustling waterfront of Southbank to the lush parklands of Lone Pine, with the chance to see iconic sights as you glide along the water. At the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary you can get up close to koalas, kangaroos and watch platypus, sheepdogs and birds of prey in action. Animal lovers will not want to miss this experience!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, 708 Jesmond Rd Fig Tree Pocket, Brisbane, Queensland 4069 Australia
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary opened in 1927 as a safe refuge for sick, injured, and oprhaned koalas, at a time when the species was being culled for the fur trade. Founder, Claude Reid, recognised something had to be done to help protect one of Australia's most iconic species. Today, Lone Pine remains as a destination not only see native Australian animals, but to also connect and learn, and to leave feeling inspired to make small, positive changes in your daily lives to help protect native wildlife and habitats.
Along with koalas and kangaroos, Lone Pine hosts a sheepdog show where you see the hardworking dogs round up a herd of sheep, responding to their master’s whistles, calls and hand signals. You can see owls, kites and sea eagles soar above you at the Birds of Prey show, or marvel at the colorful feathers of the wild lorikeets that fly in twice daily for feedings. Other bird species and a population of Eastern Water Dragons, a lizard that grows up to 3 feet (90cm) long, also like to visit Lone Pine’s lush natural parkland.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: The Brisbane River, Brisbane, Queensland Australia
You’ll board your boat in Brisbane’s Southbank district and leave the city behind on a relaxing cruise to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Enjoy informative commentary from your captain as you glide along Brisbane’s waterfront, passing from the bustle of the city’s skyscrapers to leafy suburbs with waterside mansions. After about an hour you’ll arrive at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary where you’ll be free to explore for 3 hours.
Duration: 40 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair: Cruise is accessible however Lone Pine has a set of 28 steps to climb from the jetty to the entrance
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- No health restrictions apply to this tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Covid safe plan in operation
- Round-trip cruise
- General Admission into Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Cultural Centre Public Pontoon, Cultural Centre Boardwalk, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
5 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Mirimar Cruises in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.