Discover the magic of throwing clay on a potters wheel in this hands on introductory class for a one of kind creative experience.
About This Deal
Join us in a fun pottery workshop, in the tranquil surrounds of the Royal National Park in southern Sydney.
Discover the magic of throwing clay on a potters wheel in this hands on introductory class.
The class will cover the following:
• Overview of the components and operation of a pottery wheel
• Why and how clay is prepared before throwing
• Throwing techniques including centering, opening and raising.
• Throwing different types of shapes. You will make three pieces including a cup, bowl and plate.
You'll also get to choose the glaze colour for each of the pieces you make which will then be fired.
Make a day of it while you're here - visit one of the nearby pristine beaches or do a coastal nature walk.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Includes all instruction, tools and materials as well as glazing and firing of pieces made.
Sydney NSW, Australia
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Something at Mary's Pottery Classes & Gallery in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.