Beauty and spa deals on the Gold Coast: things to know before you go
Check out the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions before booking one of our Gold Coast beauty and spa deals.
Where are the top spas on the Gold Coast?
This area might be famous for its spectacular beaches and exhilarating theme parks, but there are also many relaxing beauty spas throughout the CBD and suburbs. Here are some top-rated options, according to reviews from Groupon customers:
- Ocean Day Spa. Centrally located in Surfers Paradise, this spa provides an extensive array of treatments including aromatherapy, facials and hot stone massage.
- Ayurveda Spa. Visit this Southport venue to enjoy massage and yoga therapies, designed to reduce tension and stress.
- Exclusive Spas. This national spa chain, which has a venue in Surfers Paradise, offers men's and women's treatments including facials, exfoliation and a Vichy shower experience.
What's included in a day spa package?
From relaxing by the pool, to enjoying luxury beauty treatments including sea weep wraps and facials. Here's what you tend to get with Gold Coast day spa packages:
- Spa facilities access. Venues such as the Ruby Spa Marriott Hotel in Surfers Paradise offer access to amenities including a sauna, stream room and the fitness centre.
- Hydrotherapy. Ideal for rehabilitating muscles and relieving stress, you will find a hydrotherapy pool available at Rigs Recovery Centre in Bundall. You can also try cryotherapy, which involves being blasted with cold air to stimulate the production of endorphins and the circulation of oxygenated blood around the body.
- Specialist massage. Some spas such as GC Healing Massage in Nerang have a range of specialist treatments on offer, including deep tissue massage and pregnancy massage.
- High tea. Some spa treatments include an indulgent tea with scones and other sweet treats. Find it at Ocean Day Spa in Surfers Paradise.
Can I go to a day spa with a partner or friends?
If you're planning a birthday gift or a hen party activity, a spa day is the perfect choice. There are heaps of day spas on the Gold Coast that offer packages for two or more people, including:
- Siam Spa – enjoy a full-body Thai relaxation massage and facial for two at this beautiful spa in Southport.
- RejoovMe Skin Clinic and Spa – here you'll get spa access, including a eucalyptus steam room, plus tea and refreshments for two, in Surfers Paradise.
- Grace Beauty and Massage – relax and unwind with a pamper session for two, including full-body massage and facial, next to the Harbour Town Shopping Outlet.
Why are spa treatments good for me?
Sure, visiting a spa is one of the most relaxing ways to spend a day – but it can also help your body by:
- Relieving aches and pains. Try a full body massage, hot stone massage or a Swedish massage to tackle mild to moderate pains. Deep tissue massages and sports massage can treat more serious pains caused by an injury.
- Cleansing and exfoliating. Even the most basic of facial treatments can unclog your pores and remove dead cells to leave your skin fresh and glowing.
- Detoxifying the skin. Try a clay, seaweed or mud body wrap to eliminate toxins and even reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Relaxation. Try a foot soak, reflexology or a scalp massage to leave you feeling calm and relaxed. These treatments can even promote better sleep and soothe the symptoms of headaches.