Spa offers on the Gold Coast: things to know before you go
To help you find the very best Gold Coast spa packages and deals, we've answered some of your most popular questions.
Where are the best spas on the Gold Coast?
You'll find top-rated spas across the length of Australia's Gold Coast. Some of the best-known are located in Surfers Paradise, including:
- Endota Spa – located at Chevron Renaissance Shopping Centre, Endota has nine treatment rooms and facilities such as hot and cold plunger pools and a vitality pool.
- Ruby Spa Marriott Hotel – this five-star rated hotel offers some excellent spa packages that include relaxing facials, full body and head massages and foot treatments. For the full luxury experience, some deals include bathrobe, sandal hire and a glass of wine.
- Ocean Day Spa – treatments include infrared sauna and shower sessions and a range of therapies to help treat the skin, improve acne and increase collagen and elasticity.
What are the benefits of spa therapy?
The benefits of spa therapy are wide-ranging – visiting spas can improve your mental and physical health, with common benefits including:
- Stress reduction – our bodies often carry tension that we don't realise, causing knotted muscles and headaches. Massages reduce this tension, making us feel lighter and more relaxed.
- Improved skin condition – certain treatments improve the quality of our skin – rejuvenating, hydrating and cleansing. Faces and feet in particular can become dry – especially in hot areas along the Gold Coast.
- Helps weight loss – combined with increased exercise and a healthier diet, treatments and deep tissue massages can break down fatty deposits in the body and purge our bodies of toxins.
- General health improvements – massages relax muscles and ward off aches and pains from minor injuries. This can also lower blood pressure and improve sleep quality.
When you book a spa it's more than just an indulgence – you'll be giving your health a boost. Read more about some of the common forms of massage here.
What's included in a spa package?
What's included in spa packages varies between providers, so check the details before making a decision and review the facilities available. Many spas have saunas, steam rooms and pools, allowing you to relax and detox at your leisure.
Most spa vouchers include specific treatments, too. If you're looking for a particular type of therapy, you'll probably find some of the treatments included in spa deals are:
- Massages – head, back, neck and full body
- Foot scrub
- Skin care treatments
- Facial treatments
- Hot stone treatments
Some Gold Coast spa packages may feature deals for the whole day that include food and drink (occasionally a glass of sparkling wine).
Where can I find a cheap spa on the Gold Coast?
If you're looking for a cheap spa on the Gold Coast, the best way to get a money-saving deal is to search the available spa vouchers. There are regular spa discounts available, with some offering as much as 70% off.
It's not so much about finding an affordable spa as one that provides good value for money. Popular spa deals are usually available from Exclusive Spas, Gold Coast Massage and Day Spa and Siam Spa to help you find your perfect pamper session.