Brisbane day spa deals: things to know before you go
Unsure what to wear at a spa? Want to know which spa package to indulge in? Or simply looking where to go? Before taking advantage of our Brisbane day spa deals, browse these answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
How much does a day spa cost in Brisbane?
Prices for day spas in Brisbane vary depending on the time you want to spend there and the therapies you want to book. Some of the most popular options include:
- A 60-minute spa package including one or two treatments.
- A full spa day with access to a pool, sauna and steam room.
- Two or three-hour packages for two people, with access to a sauna and one or more treatments.
Some of the day spa deals you'll find on Groupon are valued at $300 or more, providing savings of up to 70% when you book online.
What's included in a day spa package?
A spa day package might include some or all of the following:
- Facials: Available in a wide variety of styles to suit all skin types. Thai Village Massage and Spa in the central business district (CBD) offers Brisbane day spa packages including a facial scrub, massage and rehydration mask.
- Massage: For total relaxation, try a full body massage and exfoliating treatment at Urban Thai Massage and Spa. If you're unsure which type of treatment to book, check out our handy guide to the most common types of massage.
- Beauty treatments: Places such as Glitzy Glam Beauty Salon in Holland Park offer all types of cosmetic procedures as part of their spa packages, including lash and brow tints and microdermabrasion.
Where are the best day spas in Brisbane?
Queensland's capital has a vast array of spa packages to suit all requirements. From Teneriffe to Southbank, here are a few of the best day spas in Brisbane, according to customer ratings and reviews:
- Hydra Time Spa in Fortitude Valley offers relaxing and rejuvenating remedies, including massage and herbal salt detox baths.
- Ahavah Spa, a traditional Korean bath house in Woolloongabba, provides access to a range of spa facilities such as saunas and cold plunge pools.
- White Orchid Thai Day Spa in Toowong specialises in authentic Thai treatments and aromatherapy, with deep tissue massage and reflexology on offer.
- A&Co Hair Beauty in Taringa provides spa pod packages along with treatments including mud wraps and exfoliation, plus soothing herbal teas.
- Dome spa retreat, located in Marriott Hotel in the heart of Brisbane, is a safe haven away from city life, with a number of pamper packages, bespoke treatments and spa days available.
- Sakura Day Spa. This place specialises in day spa packages, with treatments from head massage to toe exfoliation.
What should I wear to a day spa?
Make sure you wear something comfortable when visiting any of the day spas in Brisbane. Some of the basics to wear include:
- Robes: Most day spa packages supply their own robes as well as slippers for you to wear. You will probably be welcome to take your own robe and flip flops, but most guests prefer to return these damp items to the spa rather than packing up their own when it's time to head home.
- Swimwear: The go-to option if you're heading for the hot tub, planning a relaxing swim or even just lounging by the pool.
- Underwear: For facial treatments, you can wear your own underwear or even clothing under your robe if you feel more comfortable doing so. If your day spa involves a body treatment such as a mud wrap or exfoliation, the spa may provide you with something to wear.