Brisbane massage deals: things to know before you go
A massage can help alleviate both your physical and mental tensions. Whether you're a massage newbie or making it a regular treat, check out these answers to some frequently asked questions before snapping up a deal near you.
What different types of massage exist?
When it comes to indulging in a massage there are four main types to choose from:
- Swedish Massage. If you're new to massage, this is an excellent choice. It involves soft strokes, designed to release moderate tension and loosen any knots.
- Hot Stone Massage. This treatment involves hot basalt stones being placed on your body to relieve aches and pains and stimulate blood flow. If you have muscular tension or you're feeling stressed, a hot stone massage can help.
- Thai Massage. This is much more vigorous than the Swedish technique, a Thai massage is great for boosting energy, flexibility and circulation. A therapist will apply firm pressure and stretch your body into various yoga-type poses.
- Deep Tissue Massage. This type of massage is designed to target specific areas of pain in the body, such as those caused by an injury or postural problems. It uses slower and deeper strokes than a Swedish massage, and can boost circulation to help problem areas heal more quickly.
To find out more about the different types of treatment on offer, check out our comprehensive guide to the most common types of massage.
Can massage help with anxiety?
Studies have shown that massage can be highly effective in reducing anxiety levels due to their calming effects. Some of the best options include:
- Aromatherapy Massage. Often involves a full body massage, with specially selected essential oils designed to promote relaxation.
- Shiatsu Massage. A Japanese technique that promotes physical and emotional calmness.
- Sports Massage. Although it's often associated with healing sports injuries, a sports massage can also help relieve anxiety and lower stress levels.
Check out this article to learn more about massage therapy for generalised anxiety disorders.
Where are the best massage places in Brisbane?
Brisbane is full of great massage places – and has incredible deals and vouchers to match. Here are some of the top-rated options, according to reviews left by local customers on Groupon:
Are there any couple's massage spots in Brisbane?
A couple's massage makes the perfect birthday or Valentine's gift for a loved one. You'll find it on offer at venues in and around Brisbane, including:
- Urban Thai Massage and Spa. Here you will find couple's massages alongside all kinds of indulgent treatments, from Thai coconut oil massage to foot reflexology and facials.
- Harbor Day Spa. Located in Cleveland, this day spa offers blissful couple's retreat packages that are the ideal way to celebrate a special occasion.
- Let's Indulge Massage and Day Spa. Located in Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, this day spa offers two-person packages which include treatments such facials and massages.