Adelaide spa deals: things to know before you go
A day at the spa may sound like absolute bliss, but before you dive in and take advantage of any Adelaide spa deals, it's important to know where to go for what treatments in the city. Here we've answered your top questions.
Where are the best spas in Adelaide?
Adelaide is home to some fantastic spa venues, from the heart of the city to the outer suburbs. Here are a few of the best, based on ratings and reviews from fellow Groupon customers:
- Body Bliss Massage and Day Spa in Norwood. This spa offers deep tissue massage with aromatherapy.
- Siam Retreat in the East End. Treatments include full body Thai massage for individuals or couples.
- 4Ever Massage in Glenelg. Get a soothing full body massage here.
- Universal Body on Gawler Street in the city centre. Get treatments for the whole body, including massages, pedicures and manicures.
- Temple day spa in Unley offers a number of services in their 5* day spa, including skin treatments.
What are the benefits of spa therapy?
Spa treatments can help you relax and unwind, providing vital respite from the pressures of everyday life. There are proven physical and mental health benefits:
- Relieve aches and pains. Massages target areas that are causing you aches and pains, relax muscles and boost circulation around the body. Try a full-body massage with foot spa treatment at Ao Massage in Sefton Park.
- Boost energy levels. Thai massages are more active than other types of massage. They boost flexibility and energy levels through a series of invigorating, yoga-like poses. Experience one at Eassa Day Spa in the CBD.
- Improve cardiovascular health. A trip to the steam room or sauna can benefit your heart and lower your blood pressure, as well as improving your skin due to the cleansing effects of the heat. Try it at Zero Massage and Spa.
- Reduce stress and anxiety. A little different to traditional spa treatments, a floatation tank experience can promote relaxation and lift your mood. Find it at Float Mode on Elisabeth Street.
What's included in a spa package?
Adelaide spa day packages can include access to facilities such as a plunge pool, swim spa, steam room and sauna. Most venues also have a vast array of treatments on offer, such as:
- Facials. There are facials in Adelaide to suit all skin types, including microdermabrasion for younger-looking skin and LED therapy for blemishes and acne breakouts.
- Body wraps. This type of treatment involves applying an exfoliating body scrub, rinsing and then covering the body in a special type of mud, seaweed or clay. Afterwards, you're covered in a plastic wrap and thermal blankets. The moisturise helps to detoxify your skin, leaving you feeling totally relaxed.
- Massage. With so many options available, it can be difficult to know which type of massage to choose. Try a hot stone massage for a calming and peaceful experience or a deep tissue massage if you're struggling with aches and pains.
- Cosmetic treatments. From brow tints to microdermabrasion, many spa venues in Adelaide offer a range of cosmetic treatments that leave you looking as good as you feel.
Where can I find a cheap spa in Adelaide?
If you're looking for affordable spa packages in Adelaide, why not try one of these great options?
- Inspire Beauty Wellness at Beulah Park. It offers a range of treatments including massage, waxing and facials in a calm and relaxing atmosphere.
- Glow Skin & Body in Blackwood. Here you can find all kinds of relaxing pamper packages that make the perfect gift for yourself or a friend.
- Essence of Meditation in Burnside near the CBD. This venue specialises in calming treatments including aromatherapy, chakra balancing, reiki and relaxation massage.