Adelaide massage deals: things to know before you go
Before you book a massage in Adelaide, ease any pre-treatment tension with our top answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
What kind of massage do I need?
Massages are designed to soothe both mind and body, but the best massage for you will depend on your needs, lifestyle and the type of treatment you're looking for.
Some of the most popular massage therapies include:
- Thai massage. An active style of massage performed on a mat, Thai massage is renowned for its stress-relieving qualities. It may not be the most relaxing form of massage, but it can be effective for working out knots and tension.
- Swedish massage. A Swedish massage is the go-to pamper treatment at spas the world over. The ultimate in relaxation, this is perfect for those who want a gentle introduction and a way to let stress wash away.
- Deep tissue. Relaxation isn't always the goal of massage – deep tissue massages are designed to aid muscle recovery, particularly for those who've suffered sports injuries or been working out in the gym.
- Hot stone. A hot stone massage is a little more intense than a Swedish massage but much more luxurious, with hot stones being placed on your skin to give you that warming glow as the tension leaves your body.
Can I combine a massage with other spa treatments?
Combing a massage with other spa treatments is a fast-track to feeling great and the best way to indulge in some serious pamper time.
Here are just some of the treatments you can combine with a cheap massage in Adelaide for the perfect pampering session:
- Facial. A facial treatment is just as relaxing as a massage and leaves your skin looking and feeling as good as your muscles.
- Aromatherapy. Leave the beauty salon feeling truly pampered from head to toe when you have a massage alongside aromatherapy treatment.
Where's the best massage parlour in Adelaide?
Adelaide is home to a wide range of fantastic massage parlours offering the full suite of services to leave you feeling rejuvenated from head to toe. Find the perfect massage treatment near you at:
- Ao Massage – Escape the hustle and bustle of the Sefton Park shopping centre and find simple serenity at Ao Massage. Choose from hot stone or full-body treatments and lay back and let yourself unwind after a day's retail therapy.
- Essence of Meditation – Leave your stresses at the door when you enter this house of tranquillity. Enjoy a range of massages, crystal therapy and chakra balancing treatments at Essence of Meditation to relax both your body and your mind.
How should I prepare for a massage?
To get the most out of your massage, it's best to prepare before you go. Here are a few things to expect and bear in mind.
- Consider the timing of your massage. Squeezing a massage in during your lunch break might sound like bliss, but consider whether you'll have enough time to fully relax beforehand.
- Have a shower. A hot shower beforehand can help to soothe your skin and help get rid of any dirt or sweat so you can relax and feel fully comfortable on the massage table.
- Wear loose clothing. Wearing something loose that's easy to take on and off will help you to feel relaxed and add to the overall serene experience
Remember, massages releases toxins that have built up in the muscle over time, so it's always worth drinking plenty of water after your session to help flush away any unwanted toxins and aid your body's recovery and relaxation.