Brisbane skin care offers: things to know before you go
Before booking your skin clinic vouchers, check out these answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
What are the different types of skincare treatment?
Whether you want to tackle the signs of ageing, target problems such as acne and blemishes or simply refresh and reinvigorate your skin, treatment can help. Here are some of the options you'll find in Brisbane:
- Microdermabrasion. This is a deep exfoliation in which crystals are sprayed onto target areas. Microdermabrasion tackles fine lines, sun damage and uneven skin tone. Try it at Total Bliss Health & Beauty in Woolloongabba.
- Ozone facial. An ozone facial uses steam to purify your skin, dispel toxins and improve texture and tone. It's available at Urban Thai Spa – 51 Edward Street in the CBD.
- LED facial. Using UV-free LED light, this type of facial is designed to soothe redness and inflammation – making it ideal for acne breakouts and rosacea. You'll find it at Vanish Laser Clinic in Underwood.
- Cleansing facial. Ideal for relaxation, a cleansing facial will unclog your pores and give you softer, smoother skin. Try it at Glitzy Glam Beauty Salon in Holland Park, where you can combine it with a 60-minute massage or nail treatment to feel thoroughly pampered.
Still undecided? Check out our handy guide to discover which type of facial is best for your skin type.
Where is the most highly regarded skin care practitioner in Brisbane?
These are some of the cheapest quality skin care salon in Brisbane, according to reviews left by local Groupon customers.
- Relax and Refresh. This Paddington clinic offers a range of facials, including microdermabrasion and peels.
- Glow Skincare. Situated just off the M3 in Woolloongabba, the treatment menu includes LED light therapies, diamond head microdermabrasion and more.
- Skinfit Clinic. Located in Chermside, this clinic provides cosmetic tattooing and dermal fillers alongside traditional facials and other treatments.
- Eastside Laser Body Centre. From collagen peels to IPL photo rejuvenation, this Wynnum clinic has an extensive range of high-tech skin care treatments on offer.
How much does microdermabrasion cost?
A single session of microdermabrasion can cost up to and above $90, but with our Brisbane skin clinic deals you can save up to 70% on the original price. Although you will likely see a dramatic improvement after just one session, microdermabrasion works best if you make regular appointments every few weeks, which adds to the cost.
Microdermabrasion is a popular treatment as it gives great results without the use of surgery. Some of the benefits include:
- Softening of fine lines
- Smoother, brighter complexion
- Reducing sun damage
- Reducing oiliness and making pores appear smaller
Check out this two-minute read to find out more.
Can I get combined skin care packages?
If you think you need a combination of treatments, the good news is there are many affordable skin specialists offering packages of combined skin care therapies. Here are just a few options for you in Brisbane:
- Infinity Massage & Body Therapies is well-known for its pampering package, which includes a relaxing massage and revitalising dermatherapy facial.
- Natural Beaute is the place to go for anti-ageing or hydrating face peels, combined with LED light therapy.
- Body & Beauty Retreat offers sessions that combine microdermabrasion with photo rejuvenation, designed to leave your skin smooth and glowing.