Spa deals in Brisbane: things to know before you go
Everyone loves having a bit of ‘me time' – that's why spa packages are so popular in Brisbane. But before you go, check out our answers to some frequently asked questions to make you're prepared for your big day of pampering.
What is spa therapy?
Spa therapy usually refers to the choice of treatments offered at a spa, all of which are designed to promote relaxation and wellbeing. Popular therapies you can book as part of your spa package include:
- Massage. When heading to a spa in Brisbane, you'll notice there are many types of massage available. Try an aromatherapy massage or reflexology for the ultimate in relaxation, or a hot stone massage to tackle everyday aches and pains.
- Facials. There are just as many options when it comes to facials. There are deals available for everything from simple cleansing and exfoliating facials, through to microdermabrasion and LED therapy. Find out which one is best for your skin type with our handy guide.
- Body treatments. Many spas in Brisbane offer indulgent treatments such as foot soaks and body wraps. These can nourish and soften your skin, leaving you feeling fully refreshed.
- Steam room and sauna. The perfect choice if you're feeling under the weather, a steam room or sauna can relieve aches and pains and boost blood flow around your body to promote the healing process. It can even help to lower your blood pressure and ease skin ailments.
What's included in a spa package?
You'll find a wide choice of spa treatments and facilities on offer when booking a spa package. You can choose to include optional beauty or wellness therapies, or book a spa trip that includes access to a pool, steam room or sauna. Some spas also offer access to a cold plunge pool, which can release endorphins and boost circulation when used alongside heat therapy.
Here are some popular spa package deals in Brisbane:
- Urban Thai Massage and Spa offers a pamper package which can include a combination of a Thai coconut oil massage and scrub, foot reflexology and facial.
- Hydra Time Spa in Fortitude Valley has a spa package that includes a herbal salt detox bath, massage and luxurious body moisturising treatment.
- Ahavah Spa, a traditional Korean bath house in Woolloongabba, provides guests with access to a hot tub, invigorating cold baths and steam room.
- Glitzy Glam Beauty Salon, in Holland Park, offers an extensive menu of treatments as part of its spa packages – including a relaxation massage, manicure and deep cleansing facial.
How much do spas tend to cost?
A simple pamper package for one person can start from $80 and upwards, while full-price spa access can cost $100 or more. Luckily, you can save up to 70% at a venue near you when you book one of our Brisbane spa deals. The price of your spa package will depend on how many treatments you want to book, and whether you want a full spa day or a half day in the morning or arvo.
Can I get afternoon tea with spa treatment in Brisbane?
There are venues where you can get afternoon tea in Brisbane alongside fantastic spa facilities. Amazing, right? Here's a list of just a few of our favourites:
- Brisbane Marriott Hotel offers high tea at its Motion Bar and Grill, while you will also find the Dome Spa Retreat on the fourth floor with fantastic river views.
- RevjoovMe Skin Clinic and Spa provides tea and refreshments along with access to its eucalyptus detox steam room.