Book a cheap massage on the Gold Coast: things to know before you go
Check out our quick guide to some frequently asked questions about around massage treatments before booking a deal online.
What types of massages are popular on the Gold Coast?
The Gold Coast is home to many highly rated salons, clinics and spas offering different styles of massage to suit every need. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Sports massage. This can tackle muscular tension and repetitive strain injuries. It also has calming and soothing properties which can relieve anxiety. Try it at GC Healing Massage in Robina.
- Foot and scalp massage. The perfect way to relax, a foot and scalp massage promotes skin and hair health, improves circulation and can even encourage better sleep. Find it at Grace Beauty and Massage in Biggera Waters.
- Cupping. Often provided as part of a relaxation massage, this process targets areas of inflammation and pain, increasing blood flow to promote the healing process. Try it at Golden Skin Clinic in Mermaid Beach.
How can I decide what massage is best for me?
With so many massage deals available, it can be difficult to decide which will be ideal for you. Here's a quick summary of the options that might be best depending on your situation:
- Stress or anxiety – An aromatherapy massage is the perfect way to relax your mind and calm your senses. Your therapist will use specially selected essential oils, such as soothing lavender or uplifting ylang-ylang.
- Tiredness – A Thai massage will boost your energy levels through a series of invigorating yoga-style poses. This type of therapy can also stimulate circulation and improve mobility.
- Headaches – Reflexology can release muscle tension and relieve stress, as well as enhancing circulation to the head, neck and shoulders. It's sometimes combined with acupuncture.
Where does the best massage on the Gold Coast?
When it comes to finding a cheap massage, the Gold Coast has many highly rated places to try. Here are just a few of the best options, according to reviews from Groupon customers:
- Flex Beauty and Aroma in Chevron Island offers pamper packages, including massage, exfoliation and luxurious facials.
- Burleigh Heads Massage is where you'll find treatments including relaxation therapy and a deep tissue massage.
- Gold Coast Massage and Day Spa in Southport, offers a 60-minute relaxation massage alongside skin care treatments such as blue algae facial masks and charcoal face peels.
What should I expect from my first massage?
If it's your first massage, you might want to try a traditional Swedish massage or relaxing hot stone treatment – perfect for beginners. This massage etiquette guide has lots of useful advice ahead of your first appointment, but here's a quick list of a few things to remember:
- What to wear – Treatments like Thai massage require you to wear loose, comfortable clothing. Others allow to you totally strip down if you feel comfortable – you'll be covered by towels and drapes – so don't worry about feeling exposed.
- Don't be shy – If your therapist applies too much pressure or something doesn't feel right, let them know. It's also a good idea to share details of any medical conditions or areas of pain that you would like them to focus on during your treatment.
- Showering – Having a quick shower before your massage leaves your skin fresh and clean, allowing the products used in the treatment to really work their magic.