Gold Coast hairdressers: things to know before you go
Before booking your next hair appointment, check out these answers to some frequently asked questions about Gold Coast hairdressers and their services in the city.
What are the best hairstyles on the Gold Coast?
There are many highly-rated hairdressers on the Gold Coast who can help you achieve your dream new look. But while it's always tempting to ask for one of the latest hair trends, you should always make sure it will suit your face shape. If you have a:
- Round face – choose styles that will lengthen the face, such as flowing mermaid locks or anything below the shoulder.
- Heart-shaped face – adding waves to long hair will add the illusion of width at the bottom of your face, while a side-swept fringe will balance out the forehead.
- Square face – short styles are ideal for showing off your cheekbones, while a soft fringe and layers can help to soften the jaw line.
- Oval face – you'll suit most hair styles, from the classic pixie cut to a choppy fringe.
Where can I get a good deal at a hairdressers?
Our vouchers offer discounts on all types of hairdressers in the Gold Coast area. Check out this list of some top-rated local salons:
- Coco blonde hair in Chevron Island offers treatments including foils, Cureplex, blow dries and extensions.
- Hair La Natural in Surfers Paradise provides hair cutting and colouring services as well as waxing and tinting.
- Skin Mind Hair & Beauty in Southport offers all kinds of hair services along with styling, facials and nail treatments.
- LC Hair Design has a range of cutting, styling and colour services on offer to clients in Burleigh Heads.
What types of treatments are available at a hairdresser's?
Aside from the usual hair cutting, colour and styling services, you will find many of the affordable hairdressers near you offer many other beauty and skin care treatments. Options usually include:
- Keratin treatments. Designed to smooth hair and tame those annoying flyaways, a keratin treatment involves safe chemicals being applied to the hair and is often completed with straighteners to keep it looking sleek.
- Hair extensions. Ideal if you're looking for long, lustrous hair, extensions will add volume and length to your natural look. Temporary clip-ins give a great look for a night out or special occasion, while permanent extensions are a good option if you feel your hair is too thin or lacking in bounce.
- Scalp massage. This treatment can encourage hair growth by promoting circulation to the hair follicles. It's also a perfect way to relax and unwind.
- Beauty treatments. Some hair salons also offer an extensive menu of cosmetic therapies ranging from waxing to laser hair removal and make up services.
Where can I find a cheap men's haircut?
You will find many specialist barbers and men's hairdressers on the Gold Coast where you can treat yourself to the latest styles and treatments. Here's a quick list of just a few options:
- Creative Edge Training in Reedy Creek. This student salon offers great prices on men's haircuts, shaves and beard trims, as well as children's haircuts.
- Miramar Hair and Beauty in Miami. Here you will find an array of men's hair treatment packages including scalp massages, blow dries and styling.
- Hair Corp in Coolangatta. This unisex hair salon in Strand Shopping Centre offers a range of men's cutting and styling treatments.