Cheap activities for kids in Brisbane: things to know before you go
A bit of inside info is always useful when you're looking into planning some time with the kids. If you're visiting a place for the first time or just aren't aware of what's on around the corner from where you live, we've got answers to some common questions right here.
What's there to do in Brisbane for kids?
Let's face it, Brisbane is a big city and there's loads to do – especially for kids. From splashing around at the Streets Beach on the South Bank Parklands to exploring the newest interactive exhibitions at the Queensland Museum, you'll never tire of finding things to do. Some of our top highlights include:
- Whale watching – treat the kids to an unforgettable arvo spotting the majestic creatures on the Gold Coast, with the chance of spotting dolphins and sea turtles too. Best of all, kids under four go free!
- The Scavenger Hunt – fun for all the family, here you can roam the city solving puzzles and clues to complete the Scavenger Hunt. There's no room for losers here as all scores go up on a virtual leaderboard.
- Ride the Wheel of Brisbane – hop on one of the city's most popular attractions and enjoy spectacular panoramic views of Brisbane from the stunning South Bank. It's even better at night when you can admire the city's twinkling skyline.
What's there to do in Brisbane for teenagers?
Teenagers can be tough to please but some kids' activities are guaranteed to put a smile on even the grumpiest faces. Try some of the these on for size:
- The Big Banana Fun Park. Head to Coffs Harbour, where deals include unlimited rides. There's a water park too and plenty of other stuff, including laser tag and ice skating.
- Indoor skydiving. Thrill seeking teens will love an indoor skydiving experience, plus parents can have a go too.
- Wakeboarding. Beginners can pick up a new skill with a fun-filled wakeboarding class out on the Gold Coast.
- 1Up Arcade. If your teen prefers to be inside, why not hit up the arcade where there are over 200 games to play?
What types of sport appeal to kids?
If you've got a sporty family, there are plenty of kids' activities in Brisbane to get them running around (while you perhaps take some time out with a coffee and watch from the sidelines).
You'll find soccer camps where kids can learn the basics of the game and mini sports sessions, where kids' can try out a whole range of different sports including cricket and tennis. There's lots of opportunity for kids to brush up on the skills of their favourite sport, or discover a new one altogether.
Where can I take my toddler in Brisbane?
In Brissy, there's tons to do for toddlers. The city's streets beach is a free, fun for all ages activity you can do as a family, perfect for getting in the water and cooling off in the summer heat. Other safe bets include:
- Jindalee Jungle – an indoor soft play centre where toddlers can explore to their heart's content without you worrying about them getting hurt. Let them tire themselves out while you relax and chill out with a flat white. Perfect.
- EcoPark Fishing World & Farm – little ones will love this farm where they can feed cute animals, including sheep and reindeer, and have fun bouncing around on the jumping castle.