Deals for Gold Coast restaurants: things to know before you go
The Gold Coast is blessed with countless top restaurants, so it might feel tricky to know where to start when looking through our range of deals. Don't worry – we're here to help and have cooked up the answers to your FAQs below:
Where does the best seafood on the Gold Coast?
Where better in the world to enjoy a plate of freshly-caught lobster or a bowl of tiger prawns than in the seafood restaurants near you? Here are some of the best Gold Coast restaurants to visit:
- Seafood Buffet at Voco Hotel – a fill-your-belly feast including prawns, crabs, oysters, mussels and loads more. The desserts are quite a treat here too – with macarons, ice cream with chocolate pieces and the juiciest cakes you'll ever taste. Get stuck in!
- Sage Restaurant – indulge in a sensational fish platter featuring heaps of freshly shucked oysters, clams and prawns in Broadbeach. You'll find the wine menu is a rare delight – and best of all, some deals include a glass for free with a meal.
- Galaxy Seafood and Mediterranean Restaurant – from surf and turf to Queensland's freshest Baramundi, and tasty garlic prawns, stunning seafood doesn't get much better than this.
- Fish House in Burleigh – the menu here changes every day to reflect seasonal produce, so you can be rest assured of the freshest food. There are some classy dishes on the menu, such as pan-seared scallops, black lip mussels, rainbow trout and snapper.
Are there any famous chefs on the Gold Coast?
The Gold Coast is one of the more glitzy and glamorous parts of Australia, with a vibrant dining culture. As such, it should come as no surprise to learn that are a few famous chefs showing off their culinary skills here.
The list of famous chefs includes:
- Sam Moore – straight out of cosmopolitan Sydney, Sam is Chef de Cuisine at the highly-rated room81.
- James Brady – the London-born culinary genius is head chef at one of the Gold Coast's most iconic restaurants, Rick Shores.
- Carlo Percuoco – the youngest member of one of Australia's most respected food families heads up the kitchen at Fellini in Main Beach.
What food should I try on the Gold Coast?
With so many good and cheap restaurants on the Gold Coast, there are heaps of recommended dishes to try. We've rounded up the must-eats to make choosing where to dine a little easier:
- Moreton Bay Bugs – a special treat for Queenslanders, Moreton Bay bugs are crustaceans filled with a tasty lobster like meat. Try them for yourself at Yellowfin Restaurant.
- Coco Fluff – nowhere does fresh Acai bowls quite like the Gold Coast. The cream of the crop are these Coco fluff creations, found at Goji Granola Bar.
- Gaytime Eclairs – this local favourite transforms your favourite ice cream into a delightful, chocolate-topped éclair at Bam Bam Bakehouse.
How many restaurants are in the Gold Coast?
The figures are always likely to change, with new places opening up every day, but there are said to be over 500 restaurants in the Gold Coast. That's a lot of great places to eat, and plenty of choice for diners. Whether you're searching for expensive and exclusive or cheerful and cheap restaurants near you, you'll find a great deal on your next meal right here at Groupon.