Kids’ activities on the Gold Coast: things to know before you go
Check out these answers to some frequently asked questions before booking your vouchers for kids' activities on the Gold Coast.
What's there to do on the Gold Coast for kids?
As one of Australia's favourite tourist destinations, the Gold Coast is full of kid-friendly activities and fun-filled days out. Here's a quick list of ideas:
- Ripley's Believe It or Not. Packed with weird and wonderful exhibitions, this Surfers Paradise attraction is a great day out for kids, with plenty of interactive displays and games.
- Gold Coast Jet. Treat kids to an adrenaline-filled ride from Surfers Paradise to South Stradbroke Island, complete with thrilling stunts power slides and 360-degree spins.
- Holoverse. This futuristic attraction claims to be the world's first hologram arcade, where kids can feel what it's like to visit Africa on safari or even blast off into space. Book a holo-experience to fully immerse yourself in its state-of-the-art technology.
What's there to do on the Gold Coast for teenagers?
Teenagers are a pretty tough crowd to entertain but these kids' activities will appeal to even the most discerning of tastes. Try these for starters:
- Whale watching. Even the coolest teens will look up from their phone to see these gentle giants making their journey from Antarctica to Queensland. See them in winter or spring with tour providers such as Boattime Luxury Yacht Charters.
- Ice skating. Meeting mates or a date at the skating rink is a right of passage for teenagers. Iceland Bundall offers ice skating experiences for up to four people.
- Esports. If you've got a dedicated gamer in the family, head to Checkpoint eSports Arcade Bar in Surfers Paradise. With PCs, Xbox and PS4 consoles along with classic arcade games, it makes a perfect father's day gift – complete with beer for dad to enjoy, and soft drinks for the kids.
What types of sport appeal to kids?
Keeping kids active in these days of smartphones and tablets can be a challenge. Luckily, there are plenty of kids' activities near you that can spark a lifelong love of health and fitness. These include:
- Water sports. Make the most of the spectacular coastline and get out on the water. Try stand-up paddleboard hire at Southport Yacht Club, tandem parasailing at Gold Coast Watersports, or wakeboarding and kneeboarding at GC Wake Park.
- Soccer. Kids aged two to 12 can learn the basics with Grasshopper Soccer, which runs training sessions nationwide.
- Fencing. For something a little different, why not book a fencing session? It's the perfect way to boost their confidence and meet new people while keeping them active. Try it at the Queensland Fencing Association in Yeronga.
Where can I take my toddler on the Gold Coast?
If you're looking for affordable kids' activities that are suitable for ages four and under, check out this quick list of ideas:
- Big Top Playhouse, Coomera. Complete with slides, tubes and ball pit, this is a toddler's paradise. Hot drinks are available for parents in need of a caffeine boost.
- Kidz Biz, South Tweed Heads. Let little ones burn off their energy in the castle and soft play area. There's also a café serving drinks and snacks.
- EcoPark Fishing World and Farm, Luscombe. Take kids to meet the cute and cuddly stars of the farm, including reindeer, sheep and alpacas.
Need more inspiration? This guide has a list of 50 things to do on the Gold Coast with kids.