Gold Coast dental discounts: things to know before you go
Whatever treatment deals you're planning to book, check out these answers to popular dental queries.
Where can I get dental help on the Gold Coast?
The City of Gold Coast and its surrounding area are home to highly qualified dentists offering all types of treatments, from full check-ups to crowns and fillings. There are also specialist clinics and beauty and spa locations where you can find cosmetic dental treatments such as teeth whitening. Here are just a few options:
- See Your Smile. This dentist in Nerang specialises in diamond teeth whitening, designed to brighten up your smile without causing tooth pain or sensitivity.
- Exhale Body Rejuvenation. A clinic in Bundall, specialists offer in-chair teeth whitening, which involves a combination of bleaching solution and LED.
- Summer Elizabeth Day Spa. Located in Broadbeach, this salon offers LED whitening with a choice of peroxide or non-peroxide treatments.
- CBD Dental Surgery. This Southport clinic offers general and cosmetic dental services, including implants and removable orthotics such as Invisalign.
- Gold Coast Holistic Dental Care. Taking an approach to dental health that also tackles your emotional and physical wellbeing, this Carrara clinic provides treatments such as root canal tooth removal and same-day porcelain crowns.
How much does it cost to pull a tooth on the Gold Coast?
Some forms of dental treatment can be expensive. The average cost of tooth extraction nationwide ranges from around $150 to $200 per tooth, if you don't have insurance.
The overall cost of an extraction can rise if you need a more complex procedure. Removing a wisdom tooth can cost up to $400, while surgical extractions, which often involve sedation, can be as high as $900.
Extracting a tooth is usually the last resort, and often happens when it has become decayed beyond repair. Some actions you can take to avoid this problem (and the expense of getting it pulled out) include:
- Using fluoride toothpaste and brushing your teeth twice a day.
- Limiting or avoiding sugary snacks and drinks.
- Booking regular dental check-ups every six months. You can find dental deals to reduce the cost of these, including a discount on your next check-up with Groupon.
Does the Gold Coast have emergency dentists?
If you've lost a filling or chipped a tooth in an accident, you'll find several cheap Gold Coast dental practices that offer emergency dental care. In the meantime, there are home remedies that can help with the pain:
- Take over-the-counter pain relief such as paracetamol and Ibuprofen.
- Apply a cold compress over the painful area.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water to get rid of any food which may be trapped.
- Book an emergency appointment as soon as possible.
How much does a tooth filling cost on the Gold Coast?
A simple tooth filling can cost up to $200 in the Gold Coast region, while a more complex procedure may cost $300 or more. Factors which can affect the cost of your filling include the type of material used:
- Amalgam – This is the most common type of filling, dark in colour and usually used for teeth towards the back of the mouth. Costs are usually between $150 and $200.
- Composite resin – More expensive than amalgam, this type of filling may cost upwards of $250. It has a more natural colour.
- Porcelain: These fillings are usually used for teeth that are worn down, rather than those that have developed cavities. They can cost $300 and above.