Brisbane gym deals: things to know before you go
Going to the gym can boost your mood, increase your energy levels and help you lose weight or build muscle. Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting out on your fitness journey, check out these answers to frequently asked questions before booking a deal at a gym near you.
Where is the best gym in Brisbane?
Brisbane boasts excellent health and fitness venues offering all types of fitness courses and classes. Here are a few of the best options, based on ratings and reviews from locals:
- Jungle Mvmt. This gym and fitness studio in Greenslopes has a range of equipment and classes focused on cardio and strength workouts. Personal training sessions are also available.
- Quanys Gym. Located in East Brisbane, this gym offers access to group and individual training sessions, with classes including yoga, HIIT (high-intensity interval training) women's weights and more.
- Breath Health Club Northlakes. This gym offers a range of fitness classes including yoga, Body Pump and Zumba, along with a cardio and weights area. Better yet, it's complete with its own childcare service, helping you workout more conveniently around your family routines.
How much does gym membership cost?
The cost of gym membership in Brisbane varies depending on the facilities you want to use and the classes you sign up for. The pricing structure tends to range from just a few dollars for day membership, to unlimited access to all equipment and classes, which is a little more expensive – but cheaper if you're a regular gym goer.
You should also consider which types of physical exercise you want to do – as this can also affect the cost.
- Swimming is a perfect all-round exercise for strengthening your body and boosting your fitness, but gym membership may be more expensive at venues with a pool – as they require more maintenance and supervision.
- Classes are often included in the cost of gym membership – but can be an added extra, so factor this into your budget.
- Personal trainers can help you achieve your goals and make sure you stick to your workout regime. However, you'll need to pay an additional charge for the privilege.
Luckily, you can save up to 70% on all types of gym classes and personal trainer sessions when you sign up for one of our gym deals.
How long should I spend in a gym?
There's no strict rule for how long you should spend in a gym. While the average gym goer tends to spend anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes working out, you should time your exercise around your fitness goals.
One of the best ways to reduce your workout time is time is by doing interval training, which involves short bursts of intense exercise followed by a short rest periods. It's highly effective for burning calories, boosting metabolism and keeping that gym boredom at bay.
You'll find this principle used in F45 training classes, which involves up to 55 seconds of work before a 15-20 second rest period. The whole class only takes 45 minutes out of your day, making it a convenient way to fit workouts into your busy schedule.
How do I decide which gym is the best for me?
When looking for a gym near you that suits your fitness goals, take note of the:
- Equipment. Treadmills are great for weight loss, especially if you try interval training, which involves running at an easy pace followed by a high-intensity sprint. Meanwhile the elliptical trainer is perfect for cardio health but doesn't put pressure on your joints like running does.
- Pool facilities. Access to a swimming pool provides you with an ideal way to build up endurance and cardiovascular strength – as well as somewhere to cool down after a tough workout.
- Weights room. Exercises such as shoulder presses and deadlifts work lots of muscles at once. Find facilities for this type of workout at Teneriffe Fitness in New Farm and All 4 Fitness in Cannon Hill.