Located in the heart of Sydney, Australia’s oldest city, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Hyde Park Barracks is a must-visit destination for all ages. Layered with cutting-edge innovation throughout, the museum redefines the heritage experience, bringing Sydney’s past to life more authentically than ever before.
Led by groundbreaking audio technology, you’ll follow in the footsteps of real people touched by this place. Stand where they stood. Listen to their stories. With immersive activations, this is not simply a walk through history. It’s living it.
It’s also the chance to discover one of Australia’s most important archaeological collections. Displaying over 4000 original artefacts, the barracks is a direct link to items worn, touched and treasured by past residents.
Home to Australia’s convict and colonial history, Hyde Park Barracks is a must-see Sydney destination.
About This Deal
Visit: Hyde Park Barracks, Macquarie Street Queens Square, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
A UNESCO World Heritage-listed site in the heart of historic Sydney, the Hyde Park Barracks is an extraordinary living record of early colonial Australia. Originally built to house convicts, the Barracks has also served as an immigration depot, asylum, law courts and government offices.
Today, the Hyde Park Barracks is a cutting-edge museum. Visitors can discover the stories of the Barracks through a self-guided immersive experience that will feel like stepping back in time.
Using our groundbreaking interactive audio technology, you’ll follow in the footsteps of real people whose lives were touched by this place – male convicts, immigrants and women in need, as well as the Aboriginal nations that were impacted by colonial Australia.
The audio guide is available in English and Mandarin. There is also a Kids Trail available featuring a tailored audio guide and activity book suitable for children 5 to 10 years old.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Visitors will be given a sanitised iPod and headphones on arrival. If possible, you are encouraged to bring and use your own headset (standard 3.5mm jack or a lightning connector for Apple earpods required).
- Entry/Admission - Hyde Park Barracks
60 to 90 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sydney Living Museums in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.