Within minutes of departure you will be flying over the pristine sandy beaches of Australia’s South Coast; from Kiama in the south to the Seacliff Bridge in the North. And always against the ever present backdrop of the Great Dividing Range
• From Kiama to The Seacliff Bridge and all the beautiful beaches in-between.
• A packed 45 minute schedule of spectacular mountain and ocean views
• Experience the unique thrill of a helicopter take-off and landing
• Only minutes flying time from base to the golden beaches of the Illawarra
• Keep a lookout for whales and dolphins
• Informed commentary from your friendly pilot
• A comfortable helipad viewing lounge for all your family and friends
• Free tea and coffee before and after your experience
What You'll Get
If you haven’t experienced the unique thrill of a helicopter ride you’re in for a treat. As you rise slowly up off the ground into the hover, you’re flying but you’re not going anywhere!!. And then ever so gently the pilot pushes forward on his controls and forward you go and up you come.
As you take-off from Wollongong Airport, make sure you have your camera at the ready to capture the panoramic views of both the mountains and the sea as they unfold before you. Keep your camera switched on though, it’s about to get a serious workout.
Your coastal flight begins at Kiama where you’ll have a birds-eye view of the famous blowhole and fishing harbour. From there you’ll be flying northwards hugging the coastline for some great views of the golden suntanned beaches and aquamarine waters of the Illawarra.
Make sure you look up every now and then though. As you fly toward The Seacliff Bridge, the mountains of the Great Dividing Range converge on the Pacific coastline creating opportunities to capture some truly breathtaking photographs.
Keep a lookout for those at work and play both in the ocean and on the shoreline. From swimmers on Port Kembla Beach to surfers at Killelea, sailing yachts and fishing trawlers and even dolphins and whales. The Illawarra is teaming with visitors from far and wide who just can’t get enough of our beautiful coastline.
With so much to see make sure you are ready for the amazing Seacliff Bridge. Gaining international recognition as one of the drawcard attractions for visitors to the area, its expanse can only truly be appreciated from the air.
But its not all over yet. The return flight to base, flying over Lake Illawarra on final approach, will provide some breathtaking views of the mountains and the homesteads in their foothills. And then touchdown!!
• Kiama Blowhole
• Bass Point Marine Reserve
• Lake Illawarra
• Hill 60 and the Five Islands
• Port Kembla
• WIN Stadium
• Wollongong Harbour
• Thirroul and Austimer Beaches
• Scarbourough Pub
• Seacliff Bridge
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual (dress comfortable for your experience)
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg may be required to pay an additional fee. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Beverages (Tea and Coffee)
- Aviation Headsets to hear the pilot and other passengers clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Only an hours drive south of Sydney, nestled between the Great Dividing Range and the Pacific Ocean, this tour departs from Illawarra Regional Airport; ideally located to provide you access to some of Australia’s most beautiful beaches and rugged mountain scenery, waterfalls and canyons – all within minutes of departure.
This tour departs 7 days a week.
Exact departure time is subject to availability
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Touchdown Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.