Sydney gym offers: things to know before you go
Before you reach for the sweat band, here are some of our top tips to keep in mind before booking a deal at a gym in Sydney.
What is the best gym in Sydney?
It's no secret that fitness is something of an obsession of Sydneysiders. As such, there's no shortage of great gyms to try out. We've rounded up some of the best, so all you have to do is decide on the best workout for you and set your smartwatch goals.
- City Gym East Sydney is top-rated by our customers, and it's easy to see why. With three floors of fitness, a yoga studio and state of the art equipment an offer, a one month's membership will breeze by at this stunning city gym.
- At Ruben's Fitness has garnered five-star reviews from its glowingly fit and healthy customers. Whether you're starting out in the world of weightlifting or you're a cardio maniac, you'll feel right at home at this trendy gym.
- Fitness Clinic has a focus on fitness classes, so if you're a little bored of working out alone and feel like enrolling in a class or two, this is the place for you. They welcome all fitness levels, with personal training, weight management and sports massages available on top of yoga, spinning and bodyfit courses.
- Anytime Fitness has gyms across Sydney, all open 24 hours, 7 days a week. With personal workouts available, reach your training goals with the full support from this gym.
How can I get a toned body?
Whether you're looking to tone up for a day at the beach, or you're sculpting your body to perfection, there are plenty of ways to tone your body, including:
- Cardio – High intensity training is ideal for shaping the body, alongside strength and core exercises. Do a 30 minute session each day, such as a spinning class, and you'll be whipped into shape in no time.
- Strength training – If you're only working out on the treadmill, it will take you a lot longer to tone those muscles. But, if you include strength training in your fitness regime, with weight bearing exercises and squats, you'll feel stronger in no time at all.
- Diet – Developing a nutrition plan will help you to maintain a healthy body and, alongside your exercise regime, tone you up quicker. Hello beach body!
How much does gym membership cost in Sydney?
Sometimes, the only thing in the way of you and the treadmill is the cost of a monthly gym membership. Memberships can be pricey in the big city, often costing anywhere from $15 to $45 a week.
However, we've tirelessly searched the city and found you the best Sydney gym deals, so you can save as you reach for the weights. Enjoy a monthly membership trial for as little as $19 at a range of gyms, including Trend Training Centre.
How long should I spend in the gym?
The length of time you spend at the gym really depends on your fitness level and your goals.
There's no perfect time, as it's different for every Sydney gym goer, but the average workout session can last anywhere between 45-60 minutes. This is the optimum time to be as efficient as you can with the equipment, without procrastinating at the water station.
Fitness fanatics use the well-known term quality over quantity when it comes to gym time. It's not about the length of time you spend at the gym, but the quality of your workout. If you've only got half an hour to spend in the gym after work, this can be just as valuable as a longer session.