Enjoy a private Hunter Valley wine tour from Sydney, exclusively for your group of 1-7 guests. Enjoy wine tasting at up to 4 boutique wineries plus an optional stop to taste cheese before enjoying a delicious lunch. Visit boutique wineries, offering a range of grape varieties and wine styles, plus optional stops at a micro-brewery for craft beer or distillery to sample vodka, gin and liqueurs. Travel by a spacious and luxurious Mercedes people-mover.
About This Deal
Your tour focuses on visiting smaller, more boutique wineries in the Hunter Valley offering low production but high-quality wines not widely available outside the region. You will have the opportunity to try a wide range of grape varieties, including semillon – the variety for which the Hunter Valley is best known – chardonnay, verdelho, shiraz and a number of others.
Departing from your Sydney CBD hotel at approximately 7:45am, you will cross Sydney Harbour Bridge and travel through the northern suburbs of the city towards the Hunter Valley. For the last 30 minutes of the journey, you will travel on a picturesque country road through rural towns and villages.
You will arrive at the first winery at approximately 10:15am for your introduction to Hunter Valley wine, which will include the grape varieties typical of the region.
In the central Pokolbin area, you can choose to stop at a cheese shop where most of the cheese is made locally, and by hand - it’s true artisan local product. There are also a number of other products to sample such as jams, pickles and tapenade. Feel free to order a small sample plate with four to five cheeses (at own expense).
Stay in the central area for the second winery visit, where you can enjoy more of the Hunter Valley's excellent wines through a tasting.
Stop for lunch at the Hunter Valley Gardens complex where you can choose from a number of different eateries (at own expense). There are three cafes offering pies, burgers, mixed platters and other typical Australian food. If you prefer a more formal restaurant, you can dine at The Cellar Restaurant. The Cellar is an established dining venue in the Valley, known for its modern Australian and Mediterranean-inspired cuisine, along with a highly regarded wine list. (A la carte and package lunch options available at The Cellar, closed Sundays, alternatives available.)
After lunch, you will head to your third winery for a tasting. For the final stop, guests can choose between a fourth winery, a micro-brewery where you can enjoy a beer tasting (at own expense), or a distillery for vodka and other spirits (at own expense).
Departing the Hunter Valley at approximately 3:45pm, you return to Sydney CBD at approximately 6:15pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Child seats available on request, and required for children under seven years old.
- Wineries are normally selected by us. If you wish to choose your own wineries, please contact us before booking. Winery visits are subject to availability and may need to be arranged in advance. Tasting fees may apply. We only visit wineries in the central Wine Country area.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Sydney CBD hotels only
- Wine tasting (At wineries chosen by us. Tasting fees my apply if choosing your own wineries.
- Bottled water
- Private tour
- Cheese tasting ($7.95 per person for small sample cheeseboard)
- Beer tasting (optional, $3 per tasting glass)
- Distillery tasting ($5 per person)
- If choosing your own wineries instead of our regular places, wine tasting fees may be applied by the wineries
Sydney CBD hotels
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Country Trails Private Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.