Melbourne day spa offers: things to know before you go
Find your new happy place in the city with our Melbourne day spa packages. Before you go, read our answers to the most commonly asked questions.
How much do day spas in Melbourne cost?
Day spas in major cities generally start at $100 and run higher – sometimes up to $200.
Luckily, grabbing a day spa deal from Groupon can slash the price by up to 70%.
Here are just a couple of affordable day spa vouchers in Melbourne:
- Spring Beauty – experience the joy of deep relaxation right in the heart of the CBD, with indulgent seaweed body wraps also available.
- Therapy and Cattleya Beauty and Spa – centrally located in the CBD. You can find a cheap day spa that include individual or couple packages and range from massages to skin care treatments.
What's included in a day spa package?
The best thing about a day spa package is that you can pick your own treatments. Over the course of the day you can select from:
- Massage treatments, which can work wonders for kneading out those knots
- Facials, with various cleansing, exfoliating and nourishing treatments available
- Sauna, where you can while the time a way and unwind
Some packages may incorporate beauty treatments too, such as a manicure or pedicure.
For example, at the V Hotel Spa, you can sign up for a couple's spa package and indulge in a massage, foot-spa and facial or hydro-steam. Located right by the stunning Yarra River, it's one of the most popular day spa deals.
Where are the best day spas in Melbourne?
Living in the cosmopolitan capital of the south coast can be full on. However, Melbourne has a culture of wellness and plenty of hidden day spas within the CBD – in the Docklands, down the laneways and outside of town – making relaxing in the city simple.
Try these day spa deals for size:
- Spring Beauty and Therapy and Cattleya Beauty and Spa – tucked away from the bustling CBD, here you'll find a hidden pocket of blissful serenity.
- Laurel Beauty and Spa – if you're looking to share an experience with a loved one, the couples spa packages offers here in the Docklands should do the trick.
- DM Spa – offering more exotic treatments, this spa specialises in Chinese traditional treatments, such as cupping and reflexology.
- The Spa at the Sheraton Melbourne – if you're looking for a slice of luxury, then this is a spa package also includes lunch and wine.
How should I prepare for a day spa?
Before you use your day spa vouchers in Melbourne, prepare for the big day with these top tips:
- Don't go on a full stomach. Avoid drinking coffee or eating a big meal before your spa day. You need to be able to fully relax and unwind comfortably.
- Dress appropriately. Wear loose clothing, bring your swimmers and remember to pack your gym wear.
- Avoid shaving. If your plan to have an exfoliation treatment, don't shave in the 24 hours before.
- Arrive in good time. Arrive around 15 minutes early so you're not rushing around and have time to fully relax to make the most of your day.