Melbourne hairdresser deals: things to know before you go
No matter how bold you decide to go, a fresh new hairstyle can be the key to discovering a more confident you. But before you redefine your look, read our answers to the most frequently asked questions to find the best deals at Melbourne's hairdressers.
What types of hair treatments are popular in Melbourne?
Whether you're fighting the frizz, longing for curls or simply want a trim to keep things tidy, Melbourne has a range of hair treatments for you to try. Here's just a few of the city's most popular services designed to help you stand out from the crowd:
- Keratin Hair Straightening
- Shiseido Hair Straightening
- Colouring with foils or balayage
- Wash, cut and blow-wave
Treat your hair to one of these luxurious treatments and get yourself the perfect look, whether you're heading off on a night out with friends or a day out with the family.
What are the trendiest hairstyles in Melbourne?
Living in a cosmopolitan city like Melbourne means popular hairstyles come and go with the changing of the seasons, so sticking with a new style can be difficult. From short cuts and bangs to bold pops of colour, we've compiled a list of the trendiest haircuts to help you decide which style to go for to fit seamlessly in with the in crowd:
- Low maintenance petit bob
- Long layers
- Super short bob
- The shag with texture
- Pixie cut
- Super long tresses (inspired by Kim Kardashian)
- The chop (a messy bob)
- The grown-out pixie cut
- Mid-length cut
Living by the coast means low maintenance is key, so bare this in mind when choosing your next hairstyle.
Which are some of the best hairdressers in Melbourne?
Whether you're looking for a new look to redefine yourself, or you just need to touch up your roots, Melbourne has plenty of hairdresser options near you. In a city so proud of its diversity, it's easy to find a hairdresser for any and every taste. We've done the hard work for you and selected some of our favourites across the city:
- Central Melbourne – For deals in the CBD, QV Hair and Toni Hair Gem have great offers for haircuts and straightening treatments that are easily accessible from all areas of the city – ideal for a lunchtime treatment.
- South Yarra – If you live south of the river, Queen B Nails Skin and Beauty offers deals for haircuts, styling and colouring.
- Outer Suburbs - For those who live outside of the city centre, House of Locks in Maribyrnong offers everything from simple cuts to a full head of foils.
Are there any deals on male hairdressers in Melbourne?
There are plenty of hairdresser deals for men in Melbourne. Whether you're after a traditional shave, cut or colour, here are just a few of the best hairdressers and barbers located across the city:
- Hair Afrique, located in Highpoint Shopping Centre, offers haircuts and beard trims.
- Peaky Blinders Barbershop in St Kilda has deals on up to three sessions of treatments, with an optional hot towel shave.
- Hair at Gabbis has two locations on the coast; Carrum and Frankston.
- Victoria Scissors, located in Preston, has a number of treatments to choose from, including a wet shave, skin fade and a simple wash and cut.