Melbourne facial offers: things to know before you go
Relax, unwind and give your skin a boost with a facial in Melbourne. Prepare for pampering with our answers to the most commonly asked questions about facials.
What are the benefits of facial treatments?
Facials are a great way to revitalise your skin and leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed. Due to the fantastic range of facial deals in Melbourne, you can easily squeeze a treatment into lunchtime or indulge in the ultimate pamper package with multiple beauty treatments at a Melbourne spa, enjoying a multitude of benefits, including:
- Deep cleansing of the skin
- Revitalised complexion
- Moisturised skin
- Reduced blemishes
- Reduced skin issues such as acne
More complex facial procedures, such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels, will have additional specific benefits, as they are designed to deep clean the skin and even gently remove the top layer to allow your skin to regain that natural glow.
What facial treatments are available?
Whether you're in the city centre for work or are out in the trendy suburbs,
Melbourne has beauty salons waiting around every corner to give you those relaxing facial treatments you've been looking for.
To help you decide, we've listed out just a few of the most common types of facial treatment, along with what they entail.
- Basic facials involve applying a treatment, such as seaweed or other vitamin and mineral ingredients to your skin.
- Facial Masks usually involve the practitioner applying an aromatic and cooling mask to your face to cleanse your pores and moisturise your skin.
- Facial Peels see the top layer of your skin gently removed to give the surface a smoother and glowing complexion, leaving you feeling fresh and revitalised.
- Microdermabrasion is a procedure that involves removing dead skin cells from your face, boosting your appearance and giving your skin a new lease of life.
- Oxygen Facials are ultra modern and trendy – blasts of concentrated oxygen will leave your skin with a distinct glow and promote collagen growth.
- Korean Facials are the epitome of relaxation. Cleansing, toning and steaming your skin, these treatments leave you feeling completely revitalised.
- LED Facials use pulsing LED lights to promote the growth of collagen and treat acne, reducing the appearance of blemishes.
- IPL Facial stands for intense pulsed light, used to reduce the appearance of age and sun spots.
There are many different types of facial deals in Melbourne, so it is important to take some time to decide which type of facial is most suited to your face.
Where can I find microdermabrasion in Melbourne?
You can find beauty salons that offer microdermabrasion treatments throughout Melbourne, including:
- City centre: There's plenty of options for salons in the heart of the CBD. For instance, Cecilie Salon offers deals on microdermabrasion facial treatments in Melbourne to enjoy on your lunch break.
- South Melbourne: Queen B Nails Skin and Beauty, by the Royal Botanical Gardens, offers microdermabrasion treatments aplenty.
- South Yarra: Opt for the microdermabrasion treatment at Beautiful Skin, next to the Yarra river, which offers an added vitamin therapy session designed to give your skin that extra boost.
- North Melbourne: Enjoy up to three sessions at Byoote911, located on Victoria Street.
What's the cheapest type of facial?
If you're struggling with dry looking skin, blemishes or a breakout, but the thought of a facial is tightening those purse strings, then Groupon is the best place to start.
A basic facial is usually the cheapest type of treatment. Microdermabrasion, LED, IPL, masks and peels all tend to be more expensive, as they use extra ingredients, products and equipment.