Cheap nail salons in Melbourne: things to know before you go
Before taking the plunge and buying one of our nail salon vouchers, read on as we answer some of your most common questions.
What types of nail treatments are available?
You're typically able to choose between these popular treatments at a nail salon:
- Manicures – a traditional manicure includes filing, buffing and shaping your natural nails with the option to add polish at the end.
- Pedicures – a traditional pedicure also includes filing, buffing and shaping toe nails, with the option to add polish and remove dead skin.
- Mani-pedis – quite simply, this treatment combines a manicure and a pedicure.
- No chip mani-pedis – longer lasting manicures and pedicures which use a gel nail polish and UV light to make sure the polish doesn't chip over time.
- SNS nails – stands for Signature Nail Systems. Instead of acrylic nail polish, nail powder is used instead – the fingers are dipped into the powder and repeated until finished. No UV light is needed to set the polish.
- Shellac manicures and pedicures – shellac is a special type of gel polish applied to natural nails. It can be requested when having a no chip nail treatment.
Where can I get an SNS manicure?
Top nail salons in Melbourne offering SNS treatment include:
- Queen Nail & Beauty – choose from a range of services, with Shellac manicures and top of the range OPI nail polish available.
- Glamshell Beauty Spa – relax and enjoy an indulgent pampering session at this Williamstown nail parlour. Choose from a range of nail treatments with lashes and different types of waxing also available.
How much does nail salon treatment cost?
Our range of discounted nail salons in Melbourne frequently offer discounts and deals, so you can show off your new nails without worrying about the price tag. You might expect to pay as little as $15 for a manicure and around $25 for a no chip manicure.
If you want to spruce up feet and hands at the same time, a mani-pedi will probably cost between $30 and $40.
Ultimately, the cost of nail salon treatment will vary depending on the treatment you're having done and the salon you choose.
What are the trendiest types of nail design?
Most types of nail designs fall into three groups:
- One-colour – a clean and elegant look which can be adapted to work in combination with a different hair colour or outfit.
- Jazzy – a great way to express creativity, encompassing various designs, colours and artwork. Go for straight-line patterns or polka dots, zig zags or lettering. If you want your nails to be attention-grabbing rather than blend in with the rest of your look, jazzy nails could be for you.
- Classic – such as French manicures, which have stood the test of time. This naturalistic style offers a chic and polished look.
Nail design has been getting seriously trendy in recent years with glitter, marbling and nail art designs all becoming increasingly popular. Some of the trends according to Harpers Bazaar include fried eggs, Louis Vuitton logos, the tie-dye look and black-and-white cow print.