Melbourne fun and leisure deals: things to know before you go
Before signing up for an affordable and fun leisure deal – check out our answers to some commonly asked questions.
What are the most fun things to do in Melbourne?
From kids' activities to romantic adventures, Melbourne has endless fun things to do. Here are some of our favourites – as rated by customers across the city:
- Legoland Discovery Centre – heaps of fun for families, as there's plenty here to keep kids and adults hooked.
- Warragul Country Club – if you need a brief getaway from urban life, a round of golf can help you relax and get out into the fresh air.
- The Elmswood Estate – whether you're a fan of shiraz or sauvignon blanc, tour one of Australia's most famous vineyards and sample your favourite wines.
For a more sophisticated, fun-packed night out, Melbourne's world-class theatre scene is also worth checking out.
Where can I take visitors in Melbourne?
One of the best things about living in Melbourne is showing off the city to your guests. Try these fun and leisure deals out for size the next time your folks or friends come to stay.
- Liberty Balloon Flights. For an unforgettable bird's eye view of the city, take a hot air balloon flight over Melbourne and take it all in from above.
- Yarra River Cruises. From historic island to Como House and the Royal Botanic Gardens take in incredible views of the city from the water.
- The Great Ocean Road. One of Australia's most iconic drives, enjoy waterfalls, golden beaches and gorgeous beachside towns – all on exhilarating Harley Davidson motorbikes.
- Phillip Island. On this popular day trip from Melbourne, you can see penguins against the backdrop of a stunning sunset.
And of course, don't forget that Melbourne's museums and tours for more ideas.
What can families do in Melbourne?
From wildlife to swimming in the ocean, to boat trips and hot air balloons, there are heaps of cheap activity deals designed for families, including:
- Ballarat Wildlife Park. Capture your kids' hearts and minds by showing them some of Australia's weird and wonderful creatures – they'll be talking about it for days, if not weeks.
- Swimming with wild dolphins. Make the most of Melbourne's location on the South Coast as you get up close with real life dolphins. It's an unforgettable experience.
- Polly Woodside. If you'd like to spend a day soaking up some local history – or your little ones are going through a pirates phase – then climb aboard this 19th-century ship.
- Hedgend Maze. Stretch those muscles working your way around this maze, which is full of fun activities such as archery.
What should I bear in mind when choosing which activities to do?
Whether you're with friends, family or your partner, there are some things to bear in mind when planning your big day out:
- What's the weather forecast? Melbourne weather can change and too much rain or sun can spoil your day, so consider whether it's inside or outdoors.
- Is food included in the deal? If not, check for the nearest restaurants and cafes.
- How far will you have to travel? The activity might be located in the outer suburbs of the city so plan enough time to make the journey.
- What time does the activity take place? Have you booked a morning deal or will it happen in the arvo? Make sure you're on time, or you may miss out.