Melbourne photography deals: things to know before you go
Before you sign up for an offer on photography and say cheese, make sure everything is picture perfect by reading through these FAQs.
What type of photography can I get in Melbourne?
With Groupon's photography deals, you can make sure every special moment is captured in all its glory. There are heaps of different styles available, including:
- Pregnancy photography. Show off that gorgeous pregnancy glow with a beautiful photoshoot from Viva Life Photography and capture your magical journey to motherhood from the very start.
- Family photoshoots. Kids grow up so fast, and in the blink of an eye everything can change. Check out Mishka Photography, which has an amazing, natural light flooded studio that delivers perfectly crisp images.
- Wedding photographs. From traditional shots at the ceremony to a fun-filled photo booth, capture every second of your perfect day with and the after party with Royal Booths.
- Couples photoshoots. Celebrating an engagement or an anniversary? Urban Life Photography has cheap photography vouchers available to get stunning images of you and your partner.
What type of photography is best for a wedding?
Wedding photography used to be a traditional affair, but these days you'll find more exciting styles for your big day. Of course, you should think about what works best for you guys as a couple, but a mix of black and white images and candid, action shots tend to capture the flavour of a wedding.
How should I prepare for a photoshoot?
Melbourne's sea air can wreak havoc with your hair – but equally, the rainy winter months can mean a disaster for your makeup. If you have an upcoming photoshoot, here's how to make sure you're ready to say cheese:
- Have your hair styled professionally – head to a hairdresser in the city to get your hair styled perfectly ready for the main event.
- Get a makeover – some photo studios, like Urban Life Photography, offer professional makeup as part of a photography package deal. If not, the services of a makeup artist can help to glam you up to make sure you look your best.
- Check the weather forecast – be armed with an umbrella, just in case there's a sudden downpour on the way to your shoot.
Even with all of this preparation, the most important part of great photography is picking a photographer whose work you love.
How much does a corporate headshot generally cost?
At the low end, you can expect to pay around $75 for a corporate headshot – but this price can go all the way up to $1,000 depending on the photographer. Groupon's cheap photography deals give you quality images for a fraction of the price – with up to 70% off – so you can get your headshots and still have money to spare.
For example, the studio at Viva Life Photography offers the cheapest photography deals in Melbourne when it comes to portrait and headshot photography. Their prices start at just $25.