Two or Four patrons can luxuriate in an 11-course dining experience with a glass of Prosecco or sommelier-paired wines
Recent Positive Reviews
What You'll Get
$229 for an 11-course award-winning degustation: The Australian menu with a glass of Prosecco each for two people (total value up to $296)
$458 for an 11-course award-winning degustation: The Australian menu with a glass of Prosecco each for four people (total value up to $592)
$344 for an 11-course award-winning degustation: The Australian menu with Sommelier Wine Pairing for two people (total value up to $446)
$688 for an 11-course award-winning degustation: The Australian menu with Sommelier Wine Pairing for four people (total value up to $892)
Nel. Restaurant ‘The Australian’ themed Menu celebrates iconic Aussie ingredients and flavours that will leave your taste buds bursting and wanting more. Firstly start your experience by indulging in a glass of prosecco each on arrival or select the sommelier-paired wines to compliment each signature Aussie inspired dish. These include the Bunnings inspired Spiced Pork Neck sausage sizzle, Roasted Potato scallop, Summer Oz beaches motivated savoury version Smoked Eel Ice Cream with syphon mousse on a Waffle cone, with touch of Native Dhukka, Avruga Caviar, Nori.
Nel. takes this Australian food experience to another level by using the famous world wide Aussie brand which is assimilated into the Native Foccacia, Whipped Vegemite Butter. If summer ceviche fish is what you feel like, sit back and enjoy it together with Treacle Soy Salmon (Cured in treacle, salt and anise flavours). The most popular breakfast is Avocado on toast with a serving of Smashed Avocado Wild Herb Miso flatbread. Nel. Restaurant treats you to Black and White pappardelle; Squid Pasta, Moreton Bay Bug.
Who does it better, Australia or New Zealand? Lamb is done very well in both countries & with the beautiful veg Nel has created BBQ Mint Glazed Lamb, Summer Squash & Zuccini flower, confit globe artichoke, black garlic puree, Sheeps milk cheese/cream puree, basil, artistically turning the traditional Weetbix and milk breakfast into a delicious dessert followed by a serving of The Ayers Rock Tempered Chocolate, Roasted Macadamia and Lemon Myrtle ice cream. Finally, nothing screams Australian more than a Fermented cherry Ripe made with Chocolate Ganache, Coconut and Marshmallow to end your 11 course degustation experience.
In the spirit of being Australian, Nel. Restaurant are donating $5 of each booking received to the fire fighters of NSW.
Nel. The Australian Menu
- Ice Creams at The Beach
- Potato scallops
- Bunning’s Sausage Sizzle
- Treacle soy salmon
- Smashed avocado
- Bugs + squid
- BBQ lamb
Followed with delicious desserts:
- Weetbix + milk
- Big Red Rock
- Glass of Prosecco or Sommelier Wine Pairings or taste off the menu Australian Inspired Cocktails
Menu is subject to change.
The Fine Print
• Limit of 1 voucher per person
• Purchase up to 5 additional as gifts
• Max 1 voucher per booking
• Not valid on public holidays
• Not valid on Sat-Mon
• Valid for set menu only
• Exact menu is secret until revealed and may be subject to change
• Limit of 6 tables per sitting accepted - so please ensure reservations are made well in advance to avoid disappointment
• Glass of Prosecco per person can not be substituted for other drinks
• Wine pairing option applies to all persons at the table and can not be substituted for other options
• Check availability before purchase
• Standard fine print for all deals
How to Redeem
Check AvailabilityMake a Booking • Valid from: 14 Jan 2020
• Valid to: 18 Apr 2020
• Purchase voucher and book online via https://www.groupon.com.au/reservations/
• If you received your voucher as a gift, sign in or register for a Groupon account then click on the 'Received a gift? Book Now' link in the top right
• Select date of booking and enter details
• You'll receive an email to confirm reservation details
• Present printed or smartphone voucher on arrival
• Download free Groupon app for Android and iOS
About Nel. Restaurant
Set in Surry Hills, Nel. Restaurant welcomes Sydneysiders and visitors alike for a cosmpolitan fine dining experience in a relaxed atmosphere. The modern venue boasts a bunker-esque interior, with exposed brickwork, sleek copper facades, and an open kitchen that can be viewed from every seat in the house. Serving degustation meals only, the restaurant offers a rotating seasonal menu created by the hatted chef, Nelly Robinson and his team. Meals can be accompanied by a host of drinks, including cocktails and wines.