Offers for Sydney Italian restaurants: things to know before you go
Before you take advantage of our deals and taste the delights of an Italian restaurant in Sydney, read up on what's available here.
Where are the best Italian restaurants in Sydney?
From cheesy slices to top-notch pasta, Australia's largest city is home to many mouth-watering Italian cuisine. Remember your manners and book a table at one of the best Italian restaurants.
- Caminetto Italian Restaurant serves up excellent lasagna, gnocchi and a glass of wine. With top-rated reviews, you'll be salivating at the menu before you arrive.
- Cicchetti Restaurant & Bar is a great date spot with views over the city lights at night, adding something else to feast on.
- Fratelli Paradiso is so good it's a challenge to even get a table. Gorge on pasta under a mountain of cheese or opt for a classic fish dish. Whatever Italian cuisine you fancy, you'll find it here.
- Icebergs Dining Room & Bar is nestled on Bondi beach and the place to go for spectacular ocean views as you sample the delicious menu filled with dishes made using local produce.
- The Restaurant Pendolino has a dedicated pasta kitchen which offers up to 22 different pasta types every day. Run by one of Australia's leading chefs, it's definitely somewhere to book to impress a loved one.
Which dishes are healthiest at an Italian restaurant?
It's no secret that carbs are a big hit in Italy, but beyond pizza and carbonara there are healthier options like seafood and pasta with tomato-based sauces.
If you're in the mood for a light lunch, mussels in white wine sauce is a perfect low carb dish – if you can resist dunking in a big slice of bread.
You could also go small on the pasta portions, as is customary in Italy, so it's entirely acceptable to start with a pasta dish before a healthy main course.
What's the best type of pizza in Sydney?
Whether you're a fan of the deep dish or a Neapolitan, from traditional style Italian restaurants in Parramatta to the delights of takeaway slices in the CBD, the city has it all – from a classic Margherita to the controversial Hawaiian pizza. If it's something more specific you're after, try out Secolo Pizza for its wood fired cheesy triangles.
Visit Via Napoli for its metre-long creations when you're ravenous, or for something less heavy, Matteo is the place to go for light dough. Ciniti's Italian Restaurant in Darling Harbour is a must for jaw-dropping two-metre long pizzas and tasty cocktails to wash it down with. Those with dietary requirements can sample a Halal pizza or grab a vegan slice at Deep Groove Bar too.
Are there any cheap Italian restaurants in Sydney?
You can easily save some dough in Sydney with our range of Italian restaurant deals. These are some of the tastiest Italian eateries to try without forking out a fortune:
- Redforno Pizzeria is the ideal place for an authentic pizza, whether you're eating in or want to take it out.
- Friggitoria serve up authentic Italian street food where you can grab anything from a caprese salad to a steaming bowl of pasta.
- The Italian Bowl makes the perfect city pit stop for a quick bite to eat. With top-rated reviews you'll be gorging on some of the best gnocchi in Sydney in no time.
- Bar Italia is a fuss-free Italian restaurant that has been cooking up delicious plates since 1952. Treat yourself to one of their incredibly cheesy pizzas and cleanse the palette with some cool gelato.