All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
1 ratings1 reviews
December 10, 2019
This is an excellent introductory cooking class for macaron making! The chef is very knowledgeable and passionate about his craft. You will come away knowing exactly what to do to get successful results and gives tips and tricks of the trade... and he teaches so well!! Thoroughly enjoyed it, will be coming back for the advanced courses.
Wonderful tips and demonstration from a highly trained chef. Warm, friendly and relaxed cooking school. Is an asset to Sydney as it allows for all skill levels and a range of topics. They sell fantastic cooking equipment and produce too. I look forward to attending again.
My husband and i attended the Greek cooking class, it was fun! The group was small so just right, not too crowded. Though it’s not a hands on cooking however you get to assist the chef which I think is great. You learn kitchen & cooking tips and the chef, not only professional, he’s very entertaining. You also get to eat what’s been prepared.
Great for something different to do with family and/or friends.
Totally recommend it!
A fun night at the Paris international cooking school. I would rate the food produced a 3 star. Soup was delicious. Main-Chicken lacked presentation and visual appeal in the plating. Dessert--Madeleine's were overcooked. The experience was fun, chef was knowledgeable and gave us some great cooking tips, food presentation needs some attention--I expected food to be cooked and plated as if I was at a French restaurant
1. Chef Laurent is very informative however he talks really fast I had some difficulties understanding sometimes.
2. It was not hands on experience. He controlled everything even when squeezing the macaron filling out.
3. The place doesn't look like a cooking school, could've been more attractive if they organise it beautifully.
4. Chef needs to look like a chef, need to scrub up a bit.
5. We were not allowed to take our own baked macaron. Dont mind waiting for it to cook.
So verdict, it is average cooking class experience. Mainly because, it was not hands on. Would've been 4 star if we bake our own macaron from scratch.
Earned when a user has gotten 2 or more helpful votes
What You'll Get
$30 for a 2.5-hour macaron making class for one person (total value up to $90)
$59 for a 2.5-hour macaron making class for two people (total value up to $180)
Learn about the history of the macaron, from its Italian beginnings to the more elaborate French creation
Step-by-step instructions on how to make the sweet treat
Create various macarons such as Italian Grand-Marnier, Salted Caramel with a buttercream filling, and American lemon macaroons with Swiss meringue
Participants take home a recipe booklet and some of their created macarons
Participants also have the opportunity to purchase kitchen equipment required to make macarons at wholesale prices
The Fine Print
• Limit of 1 voucher per option
• Purchase up to 4 additional as gifts
• 72-hour cancellation policy or voucher is forfeited
• Max 10 students per class
• Valid for ages 14 and over
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a full-paying parent or guardian
• Min 4 people required per class; if the particular date does not reach the minimum required number to run the class, Paris International Cooking School will contact you and arrange a different date
• Must wear enclosed shoes and bring an apron and tea towel to the class (or purchase them from the cooking school if preferred)
• Not suitable for customers who are allergic to almonds
• Standard fine print for all deals
How to Redeem
• Valid to: 31 Mar 2020
• Must book by: two weeks prior to expiry date
• Bookings must be made at least: 2 days in advance
• Book online: http://picssyd.com.au/od.macaron (1) Click on the Redeem button next to the date and time suitable (2) Complete booking form
• State Voucher and Security Code at time of booking
• Present printed voucher on arrival
About Paris International Cooking School
Established in Sydney in 1990, the Paris International Cooking School has held court in their Stanmore location since 2000. They pride themselves in the quality of their cooking classes, which include the Basics of Cooking, and Express and Tasty Cooking for beginners in a range of international cuisines. They also offer weekend workshops for those looking to cook up a BBQ, make sushi, or create their own ice cream.