At King River Rafting we are proud to be finalists in the 2017 Tasmanian Tourism Awards as Tasmania's only one day wilderness white water rafting specialists.
Enjoy the 'King for a Day', a full day adventure rafting the King River through the western Tasmanian wilderness. With dense rainforest, huon pine trees, fun rapids, views of the West Coast Wilderness Railway and relics of west coast mining history this is an adventure for every one of average fitness. Your operator will supply all the gear you need along with skilled, knowledgeable guides. With a hearty lunch and return transport to Queenstown this is a great day out. This is the only one day wilderness white water rafting adventure in Tasmania.
About This Deal
Meet your guides at the West Coast Wilderness Railway Station at 8.15am. Join your tour guide on the bus to Newell Creek where you and your group will prepare for the journey down the river.
Along the way you will experience the thrill of the rapids in a remote wilderness gorge, see and feel the rare huon pine trees, perhaps glimpse the shy and timid animals of the Tasmanian Rainforest, hear and see the history of past mining booms, wave to the passing steam train and complete your own adventure in this memorable place.
At the conclusion of the gorge, you will portage the Sailor Jack Rapid and enter the quieter waters of the lower King River. With lunch on a sunny river bank or in the shelter of a railway station, or on rainy days make your way to Lowanna near Strahan.
At the end there the bus will be waiting for the return drive to Queenstown, arriving back about 5pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged under 12 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Souvenir USB stick with photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenir base ball cap
- Souvenir Tee shirt
West Coast Wilderness Railway (Queenstown Station), 1 Driffield St, Queenstown TAS 7467, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Make sure to book your pick up when booking. Let us know your accommodation details and phone number. There is a pickup fee.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the KING RIVER RAFTING in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.