Discover why picturesque Storm Bay, at the mouth of Hobart’s Derwent River, is a favourite weekend playground of locals. Just 20km from the city and experience an astounding variety of scenery - tranquil bays, lichen-covered cliffs, sea caves, and idyllic sandy beaches.
About This Deal
Kayak amongst tranquil bays and beneath the lichen-covered Alum Cliffs, explore sea caves, enjoy views of Bruny Island and leave your footprints on idyllic sandy beaches. This full-day paddle is operated in a one-way direction between the towns/suburbs of Tinderbox and Taroona, depending on the forecast wind direction.
You will spend approximately 2 hours kayaking in the morning before a lunch break, and then 2 hours kayaking in the afternooon.
For lunch, enjoy Tasmania’s famous produce whilst relaxing on one of our many beautiful beaches.
Throughout your day, keep a look out for the abundant wildlife that calls this Tinderbox Marine Reserve home, including majestic white-bellied sea eagles, stingrays, seals and if we’re lucky a pod of dolphins or a migrating whale.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Lunch - Lunch, snacks and refreshments are provided. Please bring a reusable water bottle.
- Stable double kayaks, paddles, life jackets, spray jackets, warm fleeces (if required) and wet suit booties
- Local guide
- Hotel Pickups
Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 20 Davey St (and Elizabeth Mall Information Hub, Elizabeth St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Roaring 40s Kayaking in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.