Deals on kids’ activities in Sydney: things to know before you go
Looking for more information about cheap kids' activities in Sydney? There are various attractions across the city and our guide can show you the way.
What's there to do in Sydney for kids?
From keeping them amused during the Christmas summer holidays to finding new and exciting things to do on the weekend, here are a few favourite things to do in Sydney that will keep parents in their children's good books:
- Surfing. This is the greatest Australian export there is. Treat your kids to their first surfing lesson down at Bondi Beach, where all experience levels are welcome and trainers are happy to answer any questions.
- Crafts. There are plenty of ways to get crafty with the kids, from ceramic painting to drawing. Sydney galleries often hold arts-and-crafts days, so see what's on offer.
- Theme Parks. Treat them to the ultimate theme park experience with a trip to Luna Park. An unlimited rides pass gets you on as many rollercoasters, big wheels and rides as you can stomach.
What's there to do in Sydney for teenagers?
Stop your teen's dwindling attention span, avoid bordeom in the holidays or treat them for a special occasion with these great ideas in and around Sydney:
- One-hour entry at the formidable Ninja 101 obstacle course. Test their endurance with an adrenaline-inducing race around the inflatable assault course.
- Rent a room at Legend Internet Café and enjoy some delicious refreshments as your teen and their friends enjoy some competitive online gaming.
- Solve devilish puzzles in the confines of Escape Hunt. Get the whole family together and try to escape from the room – not for the faint of heart.
What types of sport appeal to kids?
Research by the NSW Healthy Kids initiative shows that the most popular forms of organised sports and activities for kids are:
- Swimming. A great source of exercise that allows children to stay cool in the hot weather.
- Football. More kids are playing soccer than ever before, learning new skills and playing as a team.
- Dancing. A great way to keep youngsters active and to learn fun new routines.
- Gymnastics. A supreme test of agility and fitness, plus a fun way to make new friends at gymnastics clubs.
Not only is taking up a sport a great way for your kids to get active, attending organised clubs will help them make new friends.
Where can I take my toddler in Sydney?
There are loads of places for you and your little one to enjoy some precious time together. Check out our recommendations:
- At Little Dynamo's, there's something for every kid. Climb and swing through tons of activities and brave the tunnel slide that stretches over six metres. Younger ones won't miss out with a dedicated play area for them to explore.
- With an exciting selection of slides, bouncy castles and more, Kidz Biz offers more of the same for toddlers with energy to burn.
- The Wild Life Sydney is a great attraction for little explorers. See more than 1,000 native animals up close and personal, in a variety of exotic locations including the Butterfly Den and the Kangaroo Walk-About.